Beser Simmons/Polly Perkins

Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS, PERKINS
Polly Perkins of Woodstock married Beser Simmons of
Bridgewater on April 10, 1800. Polly Perkins Simmons
born Mar. 24, 1781 and died Sept. 15, 1849. Polly's
parents were Nathan Perkins and Hannah Sturtevant Perkins.
They had ten children including Polly and son Edwin Perkins born Jan 17, 1805 in woodstock who married Malisa
Brown. Looking for information on Polly and Beser children
and any living relatives who might know about Polly's
brother Edwin and his where abouts form 1807 to 1823 when son Allen Perkins was born in Greig, Lewis,NY. Last known location and nothing on Malisa Brown.

Re: Beser Simmons/Polly Perkins

Posted: 28 Apr 2002 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Farnsworth Simmons Perkins
I am curious about the family of Bezer Simmons listed in the 1810 and 1820 Census in Woodstock, Windsor, Vt., and then in Hartford, Windsor Vt. I have a probate file that includes guardianship of three children with the Farnsworth surname. They are three minor children (under 14 years of age) of Abijah Farnsworth and Betsey (Peck) Farnsworth. The court gave Bezer Simmons guardianship of these three children in 1815. I am trying to figure out why they went to live with the Simmons family (I see 15 people in the household in 1815). Would be interested in hearing about them. I don't think they were related, but need to investigate.

Michal Handy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 4:35AM GMT
My gggrandfather, Nathan Perkins Simmons(married to Julia Eliza Foster) had a brother named Bezer Simmons whom married Laura Billings. Their family was out of Woodstock. We think their father was George? and their grandfather Howland Simmons?. Nathan and Bezer had a brother George, and probably other siblings--they were whaling captains because the land didn't provide as well as the sea. I have more info and will check up on any mention of "Edwin" altho that is a family name which reaccures through several generations. We have been to the Woodstock cemetery where Howland and Bezer are buried. Michal

Posted: 7 Dec 2010 8:59AM GMT
Surnames: Farnsworth,Peck,Perkins,Snow,King
Hi,
I have a great interest in Bezer Simmons in Woodstock,Vt who was the guardian for three of my 3rd g. grandparents, (Abijah Farnsworth & Betsy Peck Farnsworth)3 children under the age of 14. This information was in the probate file of Abijah who died in 1812 in Woodstock. We suppose that Betsey died around 1815 when the guardianship is in force for the three children. I believe they were neighbors and quite possibly related some how. I would like to know how.
In 1816 Bezer and Polly Simmons were listed as members of the Congregational Church in Woodstock. I believe Capt.Bezer Simmons may be a son of Bezer & Polly Perkins Simmons. Capt. Simmons was born in 1810 Vt. d 1850 in San Francisco. He was md. to a Billings. My lines in Pomfret are Snow,Perkins,King.
Please do write.........elliejohn@yahoo.com
Eleanor Law Johnson

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Laura Billings
do you know when laura was born and died?

Re: Bezer Simmons/Polly Perkins

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: Perkins, Simmons
Laura Billings, d/o Oel Billings and Sophia Wetherbee was born March 9, 1820 in Woodstock, VT, She married Capt. Bezer Simmons March 16, 1845, went to California in Feb 1849, and died April 24, 1849 in San Francisco, a few weeks after arriving at San Francisco from her journey with her husband over the Isthmus of Panama, via the steamers Falcon and Oregon.
5 months later, Capt. Bezer learned of the death of his Mother, Polly Perkins in Woodstock SEP 15 1849. With his brother Nathan, he returned Laura's remains to Woodstock via the Isthmus in Feb 1850, to lay her to rest and to attend to the affairs of his mother's estate in Woodstock. The brothers returned to San Francisco via the Isthmus, arriving in June, arriving on the Steamer Tennessee. By September 25, 1850 Captain Bezer Simmons SF business interests had been caught in fire, and financially collapsed, Capt, Bezer succumbed to the same fever that had claimed his wife nearly 18 months earlier. There was the largest procession of San Franciscans to date in his funeral entourage. His brothers returned his remains to Woodstock, Vermont where he lay alonside his wife Laura Billings in the Billings Family Plot; River Street Cemetery, Woodstock, Windsor County, Vermont. In Eternal Peace
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions