Search for content in message boards

Mary/Polly Gilmore b: Jan 8, 1789 Duplin Co. NC

Mary/Polly Gilmore b: Jan 8, 1789 Duplin Co. NC

Katherine Hines (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 9:38AM GMT
Mary/Polly Gilmore was married to John Watkins his father was Levin Watkins and his mother was Edith Hinnant. John was born Nov 20, 1780 in Duplin Co NC. They were the parents of 14 Children. If anyone is interested in this information please E-mail me at akhines@deseretonline.com

Gilmores in NC in the late 1700s

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 7:49PM GMT
Hi!! I would appreciate any information on the Gilmore family you may have.

THANKS!

Gilmore's in NC, 1700's

Melinda Gilmore Leady (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 8:07PM GMT
My ggggrandfather was Huriah Gilmore...he was raised by his cousin John Gilmore and his wife Jane Heard Gilmore
I have this line in several directions down to present day. If this sounds like your Gilmore's please e-mail me
at outstres@hotmail.com

John Gilmore

Posted: 31 Aug 2000 9:45PM GMT
I have a John Gilmore Born: abt 1760, Married to Sophia King Born: abt 1758. Both died in Comberland Co, NC. They had a daughter Mary polly Gilmore Born: 8 Jan 1789 in Duplin Co, NC. She married: John Watkins

John Gilmore born: Abt 1760

Posted: 31 Aug 2000 10:15PM GMT
John was born in Cumberland, NC. I was mistaken, he died in Cumberland Co, Miss. He was married to Sophia King. John's father Stephen Gilmore was born 1735 in North Ireland. Stephen's father John Gilmore was born in 1703 in Ulster, Ireland. He died in Augusta, VA. He was married to Agnes Anderson. John's father Thomas (Thoemas)Gilmore was born in 1680 in Ulster, Ireland.

Family

John Watkins Polly (mary) Gilmore (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 6:27PM GMT
My grandfather is John Watkins with a non-confirmed date of birth 1792, married to a Polly (mary) Gilmore with a non-confirmed date of birth 1796, both were born in unknown counties in north Carolina, with a unconfirmed date of marriage of 1817. We do know that one child was J Bryan Watkins born 17 OCT. 1818 in North Carolina. Are we related do you think? Thanks Bunny

"J" Bryan Watkins

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 7:40PM GMT
Greetings Cousin Bunny,
Here is the information that I have now:
John Watkins born: 20 Nov. 1780 in Duplin Co, NC. Died: 30 June 1865, Burried: West Point, Clay Co, NC.(MS) Married to Mary/Polly Gilmore Born: 8 Jan 1789 in Cuplin Co, NC,Died: 6 July 1861, West Point, NC (MS) Their son, "J" Bryan Watkins Born: 17 Oct 1818 in Duplin, NC Died: 28 Sep 1852 in Aberdeen, MS. My Grandfather was Thomas Russell Watkins whose father was John Hatch Watkins whose father was "J" Bryan Watkins. John's father's name was Leaven Watkins. I have his mother's name, but I don't know how to switch screens to look it up right now. Mary/Polly's father's name was John Gilmore Born: abt 1760, Died abt 1789, Comberland Co NC Marrid to Sohia King. John Gilmore's father was Stephen Gilmore. Sophia father was Michael King and her mother was Mary Elizabeth Snell. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NOT ALL OF THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED AS YET. bUT IF THIS IS YOUR LINE. HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION MAY BE OF HELP. Please let me know if this information is helpful. Katherine. akhines@deseretonline.com

Mary/Polly Gilmore and John Watkins

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 7:47PM GMT
Greetings Cousin Bunny,
Here is the information that I have now:
John Watkins born: 20 Nov. 1780 in Duplin Co, NC. Died: 30 June 1865, Burried: West Point, Clay Co, NC.(MS) Married to Mary/Polly Gilmore Born: 8 Jan 1789 in Cuplin Co, NC,Died: 6 July 1861, West Point, NC (MS) Their son, "J" Bryan Watkins Born: 17 Oct 1818 in Duplin, NC Died: 28 Sep 1852 in Aberdeen, MS. My Grandfather was Thomas Russell Watkins whose father was John Hatch Watkins whose father was "J" Bryan Watkins. John's father's name was Leaven Watkins. I have his mother's name, but I don't know how to switch screens to look it up right now. Mary/Polly's father's name was John Gilmore Born: abt 1760, Died abt 1789, Comberland Co NC Marrid to Sohia King. John Gilmore's father was Stephen Gilmore. Sophia's father was Michael King and her mother was Mary Elizabeth Snell. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NOT ALL OF THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED AS YET. BUT IF THIS IS YOUR LINE. HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION MAY BE OF HELP. Please let me know if this information is helpful. Katherine. akhines@deseretonline.com

Greetings Cousin Katherine;

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 5:48PM GMT
Hello Kathrine; thanks so much for the information, this is more than I had before, the dates that I have came from the IGA so I will try and follow up with your information. My father was John Hatch Watkins born Dec. 27th, 1916 , born in Mesa, AZ. and his father was Henry Cobb Watkins bor
Sept. 21, 1885 in Miss., and his father was John Hatch Watkins born Feb. 26, 1846 in Aberdeen, Monroe, Miss., and J. Bryan Watkins was his father. Wow look at all those John's. My e-mail address is weedhopper@uswest.net, until I can figure out this e-mail stuff, hope this finds you Katherine Hines. The e-mail address auref49@hotmail I can't access, so send it to uswest. net. Thank you

Uncle Tom

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 5:55PM GMT
Hey counsin; I remember Uncle Tom and Aunt Julia, when I was a young girl, they lived in Mesa, AZ. Is this your grandfather. Love Bunny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions