Search for content in message boards

Trents of Logan County, West Virginia

Trents of Logan County, West Virginia

Connie Faull (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 1:09PM GMT
I am looking for information regarding the Trent family of Logan County, West Virginia. I only have as far back as my grandfather. (Obviously I have just started) His name was Marion Edward Trent and he was born around 1885-1890. He married Hattie Louvina Cook. They had three children (Esther Trent, b. 1925 or 1924, Marion Edward (Eddie) b. 4/1926 d. 4/1993 and my mother, Maxine Elaine Trent b. November 26, 1927, d. May 19, 1994. Please e-mail me if you have any information (cmf@honigman.com)

trents of logan county, WV

Connie Faull (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 1:11PM GMT
They lived in Man, West Virginia.

Trents of Logan Co. WV

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 5:25PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2006 2:21AM GMT
I have Trents in Logan Co., WV. Humphrey Trent with wife Martha Smith. 7 children. Not sure how they connect with your family. You can contact me by responding to this message or via e-mail.

Trents in Logan Co WV

Susan in Va. (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 4:33PM GMT
Kathy, I am a descendent of Humphrey Trent and Martha Smith thru Alexanderb. 1830, to George Trent b. 1865, to Grace Myrtle Trent b. 1893.I'm trying to find a Revolutionary War connection. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Susan in VA.

Trent's in VA

Posted: 16 Feb 2001 2:46PM GMT
Susan, Sorry but don't have any info on that matter. If you come across something, please let me know.

TRENT FAMILY VIRGINIA

KatherynMayTrent (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 9:38PM GMT
Please I am Looking FOR MY KIN SOMEONE help me to fine them . My DAD name was Charlie TRENT FRANCES MOTHER .DADS mom is MARY JANE sons HENRY And ALDINE TrEnt HENRY in nursing HOME LOVINGSTON VA.DOES not know much his mine is gone.

Re: Trents of Logan Co. WV

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 4:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Trent, Lambert, Cline, Evans
Kathy,

How much do you have on Smith Trent b. ca 1828, son of Humphrey Trent?

In particular, I'm wondering what became of his second wife Phebe Evans, and his daughter Clarissa born 1870. Did Smith marry third the Rebecca Lambert who was living with the household of Smith and Phebe in 1870, and if so, when and where did the marriage take place? Had Phebe died, or did Smith just leave her? Rebecca was a dau of Phillip Lambert & Rebecca Morgan, and thus a sister of the three Lambert siblings (Rena, Nicatie and Wyatt) who married three children (Harvey, Lorenzo and Mary Ann) of Smith Trent and his first wife Mary Cline.

1850 census of Logan Co., Virginia, western district, lists as family #341:
Smith Trent, 22; Mary, 22. Both born in Virgina.

1860 census of McDowell Co., Virginia, 13th district, Tug River P.O., lists as family #114:
Smith Trent, 32; Phebe, 29; Harvey, 9; Lorenzo, 7; Mary, 6; James, 4; Leander, 3. All born in Va.

1870 census of McDowell Co., WV, Sandy River twp (enumerated 5 Aug), lists as family #21:
Smith Trent, 42, farmer; Phebe, 39; Harvey, 19; Lorenzo, 17; Mary Jane, 16; James Foley, 14; Leander, 13; Clarissa, 5/12; Rebecca Lambert, 24, helps keep house. Phebe born in Ky, Clarissa born in WV, all others born in Va.

1880 census of Lawrence Co., KY, district 7, Patrick Gap, sheet 30, line 43, lists:
Smith Trent, 51, farmer; Rebecca, 34, wife; Josaphine, 4, daughter; Masourie B. , 1, daughter. All born in West Virginia. (There is no other Smith Trent household anywhere in KY, VA or WV in 1860 or 1870 except the Smith Trent married to Phebe, so if this isn't the same one, then he appeared out of nowhere. Also, the age for Rebecca here matches that of Rebecca Lambert in the Smith Trent household in 1870. From the birthplaces, they had very recently moved from WV, but McDowell Co. WV marriage records show no marriage for Smith Trent in 1870-1880.)

http://www.best.com/~tpettit/family/pettit/FG19/FG19_343.htm

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 3:35PM GMT
Terri,

Not alot and most of the info I have doesn't have source info indicated with it (I was new to genealogy and didn't know about documenting, documenting, documenting)

I have that Phebe died before 1876 in McDowell Co. WV and nothing on Clarissa other than birth of about 1861

for marriage to Rebecca Lambert, I have that marriage occuring in 1876 in Lawrence Co., OH (but based on your info now wonder if it could have been KY)

I show a 3rd daughter for Smith & Rebecca - Amanda, who married Joseph Pruett 9/12/1883 in Wayne Co., WV

hope this helps a little - I am in the process of reconstructing my records and DOCUMENTING every source

Kathy

Re: Trents of Logan County, West Virginia

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 11:05PM GMT
Hey Connie, it's Charlene, your cousin. Saw this looking around for info on my in-law's family and came across your post. What information have you found out.
Please email me at charb931@cox.net so we can touch base.

Posted: 2 Aug 2014 8:24PM GMT
Since some one else did the research for me, way back in the 1990's..... I have two SMITH TRENT's, one b.1828 to Humprey & Martha Smith Trent and one b.1828 to Frederick (Sr.) & Agnes E. (Horton) Trent, both originally of VA. They both seem to have md. the same women--Mary Cline and had five children; --md. 2nd. Phoebe "Phebe" (Evans) Wright of VA. The other listing on her has "RIGHT"- typo or different surname? - however they had seven kids: --md. 3rd. Rebecca Lambert of VA and had at least NINE kids, but perhaps as many as TWELVE by her!!! NOW which listing here in 2014 is correct......?????
per page

Find a board about a specific topic