Search for content in message boards

What Did He Do?

What Did He Do?

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Folks,

I got no response the first time I posted this. Thought I'd try again.

I am seeking the occupation of Wallace Carr (August 31, 1919-June 3, 1966). He lived in Highland Park, IL. I am looking for his occupation. If there is a city directory for Highland Park, I am hoping he would be in there.
Would anyone be willing to undertake a quick look.
I am willing to reimburse you for time and expenses.

Thanks!

Chris Brennan
cristoir@optonline.net

Re: What Did He Do?

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Carr
I'm not related to this family and don't know what he did for an occupation, but I did find this doing of search of his name:
1. The Daily Sun [Waukegan], September 20, 1920; p2 c 6:
Notice

Adoption Notice- State of Illinois, County of Lake, SS.- County Court of Lake County. In the matter of the petition of George W. Carr and Helen Taylor Carr, his wife, to adopt Roger Lee Hammond, No. 8966.

To Carl Hammond, Rose Hammond and to all whom it may concern:
Take notice that on the 4th day of September, A.D. 1920, a petition was filed by George Wallace Carr and Helen Taylor Carr, his wife, in the County Court of Lake County, Illinois, for the adoption of a child named Roger Lee Hammond and to change his name to that of Wallace Carr.

Now unless you appear within twenty days after the date of this notice and show cause against such application, the petition shall be taken as confessed and a decreee of adopton entered.

Dated, Waukegan, Illinois, September 20, A.D. 1920.
Lew A Hendee, Clerk
2040 Sept. 20.

http://www.conovergenealogy.com/conover-p/p425.htm#i361828

I'm not even sure if this is the Wallace Carr you want
Lisa

Re: What Did He Do?

Posted: 25 Oct 2010 12:30AM GMT
Lisa,

Yes, this is exactly the Wallace Carr I'm seeking. I have seen this notice before, and it reflects something I already knew (that he was adopted by architect George Wallace Carr and his wife).

Of course that child Wallace grew up and I have yet to figure out what he did for a living. If you have any options to determine that, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Brennan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic