Search for content in message boards

CARROLL FAMILY HISTORY

CARROLL FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 7:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Alberta , I go by Abby, I'm looking for some half sisters and brother,
George William Carroll is the name of my biological father,who now resides in TENN.
my mother Patricia re-married into the Burke family from Indiana when I was very young , I was born Nov, 1964, I know that I was named after my great Uncle Albert Dunn, born on his birthday.
at this time I know that I have one older half brother (George W Carroll 2) and 2 older half sisters.IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON HOW TO CONTACT THEM IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. MY SISTER DOTTY AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OF THE WHOLE FAMILY TREE (abbyv2@yahoo.com)

Re: CARROLL FAMILY HISTORY

Michael Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Dunn/Dunne, Kiely, Smiddy, Sheehan, Carr, McGinley, Gilespie
Dear Abby:

I have always wanted to write that. My first time. Anyway, is your Albert Dunn from Northern Indiana? My mother's side is Dunn (Dunne in Ireland). My mother has cousins in Indiana. I researching the Indiana contingent but have not gotten far. Anyway, our Dunne's come from County Kildare and perhaps Wicklow. They had a large community of Dunne's in the late 1700's and throughout 1800's living in one area (near Hill of Allen) which was called Dunne Town for obvious reasons. They were turf cutters, road builders, and horseman. Anyway, if you have more info about Albert Dunn I certainly am interested. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 11:51AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 4:09AM GMT
i know that great Uncle Albert Dunn that i speak of has 2 sisters one is Margarette which is my grandmother i never met and Cora. And a daughter (Helen Wyatt) in Dawsonspring KY. i have never met, but i do now have her phone # and today i will call her and get some info. with any luck we may find your family and mine. we may be related. :-)

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 9:08PM GMT
i called Helen Wyatt, she doesn't remember too much.
although she said her dad Albert Dunn never lived in Indiana.
they were from KY.
I have had no luck today, other than a woman e-mailed me with some names maybe you have heard of them. this is her e-mail to me.

"I seen your message & thought that I would give it a whirl. Have you ever heard of a Clyde (Tide) or Millard Carroll or Florence & Mable? They were from Ky. Clyde was my grandfather & his first wife was called Maggie which I thought might be short for Margaret.

Thanks Sherry"

I can also be reached at abbyv@agsimpson.com

Posted: 23 Aug 2002 7:22PM GMT
Dear Micheal,
I saw this and thought you may be interested
it came from a "B Blank from the message board".

Trying to trace Lucy Dunn b.abt 1843 Kildare.(Where?)Need parents names also.Married Richard Mellor abt 1868 England?Any info.greatly appreciated.

please let me know.

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 4:17PM GMT
hello Michael,
can i have your e-mail address?
i have a large file that was sent to me to pass on to others.
it has many names going back to the 1700's.
my e-mail is abbyv2@yahoo.com

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2003 1:03PM GMT
Are you related to the Carrolls of Conway, SC.?

abbyv (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2003 5:12PM GMT
I do not know, I was told that I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. One of the of the sisters live in SC. where I do not know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic