Search for content in message boards

Joseph R. Moon

Joseph R. Moon

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moon, Garner
I am looking for information on Joseph R. Moon, born in 1750, at Deep River, Randolph County, North Carolina. Daughter Mary Moon married James Garner

Re: Joseph R. Moon

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 4:31PM GMT
Joseph R Moon's wife was Ann Brewer Brown. His parents were John Moon and Mary Farmer. After Mary Moon married James Jasper Garner (of James Foushee Garner and Nancy Whittle) they went to Tennessee and then on to Clinton Co OH before 1814. They had 14 children, all but 3 remaining in Clinton Co OH. One daughter (Rebecca) and husband joined a Mormon wagon train and went to Utah.
James Jasper Garner is said to have been over 6' tall and weighed over 200 lb.

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: GARNER / BROWN / BREWER
Do you know if Ann (Brewer) Brown ever did marry twice? I am not quite too sure if she did. This is something I need to know HOW the surname "BREWER" comes up for Ann Brown. If she ever did marry to a Brewer, then what was his first name, if known? When and where did they marry at?

~Glenna Garner
gg42@comcast.net

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 11:25PM GMT
I have never seen any indication that Ann married a Brewer. Her mother's name was Grace Craven Thompson, and I see no Cravens (or Brewers) in her line. Her daddy Daniel Brown's mother was a Giles. I can't imagine how they chose those names, but then, my granddad had the 2 middle names of Minter and Walker, yet those names are not anywhere else in my family......
per page

Find a board about a specific topic