Search for content in message boards

Harts of Orange County North Carolina

Harts of Orange County North Carolina

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hart, Strayhorn, Finney
My ggggrandfather was William Hart of Alamance/Orange county North Carolina. He was born about 1798. I am trying to tie him to the James Hart , Peter Hart that were there at the time. James Hart married Rebecca Finney in PA, and I am wondering if he remarried Nancy Strayhorn in Noth Carolina. These people are pretty well documented, if you have any information on any of these individuals I would appreciate it.

Re: Harts of Orange County North Carolina

dancil butler (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Hart, Ward, Compton
I have an ancestor by the name of Thomas Hart that married a Casander Colista Ward in Caswell Co. Casander was the daughter of John Ward and Malinda Compton both of the Orange Co. Do you have any information that may link my Thomas Hart (b. North Carolina, county unknown) and yours?

James Hart (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Hart ,Ward
I am pretty sure I can help you. If you can provide me with a timeline or family chart of some sort.

Lawayne (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 9:28AM GMT
Do you the names of there children? I have John Thomas Hart born around 1779 in N.C. who was married twice that i know of, his first wife I don't know , but have two sons names, Aaron and William, and a third son named Warren by his second wife Sarah Easters (Esters) born around 1830.

Posted: 24 Nov 2004 7:44PM GMT
I've sent the gedcom file to your email address listed on this board. This will be a big break-through if you can help.

Dan

Posted: 24 Nov 2004 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hart, Ward, Compton
Thomas and Casander Colista Ward children were:
James Marion Hart b. abt. 1831,
David Marion (or some believe Mason) Hart b. Jan 17, 1835
John L. Hart b. 1830
Samuel Hart b. abt. 1857
John M. Hart b. 1830

Does this help? Can you connect any of them for me?

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Hart, Ward
I have sent you some information. Let me know if you get it.

james

Posted: 28 Feb 2005 12:51AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 2:31AM GMT
Do you have any more information about peter hart,I am doing research on my family history.some of my family is from Orange County ,North Carolina.We might be related to each other.My ancestor names is Hart from ,NC,SC,VA,
angela

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 8:51PM GMT
I'm looking for info on Harts in NC. My ancestors seem to come through Anson Co., Orange Co., Randolph Co. Feel free to contact me at hartbn@charater.net. I'll be glad to share what I have - 11,000+ names in my file.

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hart
Hi. I am tied to the Hart line through my mother. Do you have any information on the Hart line of Edgecombe, Nash or Fairfax Counties of NC? I have just started to search and was looking for help. Thanks. Michelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic