Search for content in message boards

Harris family. 1841

Harris family. 1841

Peggy Cook (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
1841. Urial Holmes etal vs Robert King. lien on Negroes from the estate of Richard Harris, dec;d. Chancery records. Pheobe Harris widow of Richard Harris, states that the writing in the family bible is of Richard Harris and herself. The children of Richard and Pheobe Harris. 1. S. E. Harris b 26 Jan 1821. She married Unial Holmes 21 Jan. 1838. @. Martha Ann Harris b. 8 Dec 1822, married John Watson 11 May 1840. 3. Thomas Richard Harris b 28 April 1825. Thomas goes to school and broads with John M. Vaughan.
Pheobe Harris was about 46 years of age in 1845. Mrs P. Harris has received money by the hands of Isaac Pryor from VA. in 1834 and by the hands of W. Harris in the year 1835.

Re: Harris family. 1841

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Peggy,

I would like to contact you about the Harris' of 1841 in Hawkins Co., Tenn. as they are my line. I have a lot of this info from the bible also. Are you also researching them? You can contact me if you would like at nshawks@hotmail.com. A friend had sent me this link and I just ran into it again.

Re: Harris family. Earlier Tenn

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 3:03PM GMT
Surnames: Harris/Moreland/Alridge/Wethers/Mullinix/Skelton
Hope you don't mind my jumping in on this Harris family.

I have a Evan Harris b. 1786 VA m. Rebecca Moreland(Morlan) B. 1790 Va.
Lived In Hawkins Co., TN, their children were:
John, B. 1811; Eliza b. 1815; William Riley b. 1818; David b. 1820; Noah b. 1825.

Looking for anyone who can break down this wall, who were Evan Harris b. 1786 parents? The surnames are the families they married into.

Thanks
Eileen

Re: Harris family. Earlier Tenn

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 6:31PM GMT
Sorry, but none of those names are familiar. My Harris line goes back to Cumberland Co., VA and a Richard Harris who was married to a Phoebe Harris. The posting by Peggy is the line I am from. I don't know if she is still around or not, but I hope so.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 4:24AM GMT
Does anyone know more of this Urial Holmes and wife Sallie EJ Harris and her parents Phoebe and Richard Harris.
Urial is my Great Great grandfather through his son Joseph Holmes who is born 1842 in Hawkins co and later in life moves to Jackson Co Kansas.
I am trying to find Urial's siblings, parents or other information and I wonder if there is more information on the outcome of this legal battle on Richards estate. The 1850 census lists a John Holmes age 55 and wife amelia and I wonder if he is Urials relative
Thanks for any replys
Doug Holmes in Oregon

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Holmes, Harris
Urial Holmes, married to Sallie E. J. Harris, was my direct ancestor. If you will respond to this message, I will be happy to tell you what I know.

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Harris and Holmes
Thanks for the reply.
As I said Urial Holmes is my Great Great Grand pa so Sallie is GG grand Ma.
I know Urial died 1855, Jackson Co ,Mo and Sallie yrs later.
They had many kids, Joseph B 1842 Married Tabitha Cummings (she was D Boone's Great Great Grand daughter) their son William Grover 1888-1976 was my G father and his son was my Dad William Wayne Holmes 1917-2012.
I known little of Harris family except said to come from Virginia as was Urial. Urial also had a son Urial B 1846, he and Joseph served in Civil War together. Richard Harris and Phoebe are Sallies parents. Do you know more of what happened to her siblings? When did Richard die?
Do you have other info on they family prior to the 1850 census when they are in Hawkins Co?
I have a public Ancestry site so you can see what I have on the family Holmes. I look forward to your reply on the Harris', the estate and law suit and any thing else.
thanks again. if I can help you in any way let me know.
Doug Holmes in Oregon

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 5:22PM GMT
Please pardon the delay, as I have grandkids at present and they have taken over computer. I will get back to you in a few days with info. If you would like to email me, try this, removing the extraneous periods.
wcovey1.@.cox.net.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: Harris and Holmes
Is Peggy Cook available to give more information about this law suit and the outcome?
Peggy do you know more of Urial's history and what are the Chancery records?
Is is possible to get more information from somewhere in the state of Tenn about this. It also suggests if this is the estate of Richard Harris he has died by 1841.
Urial Holmes was my great great grandfather. His son Joseph was my Dads grandpa.
Doug Holmes in Oregon.
E Mail doug_maryholmes@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic