Search for content in message boards

Samuel T. Adams

Samuel T. Adams

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 12:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mustain Adams
Looking for information on Samuel T. Adams who married Elva Clark Mustain on 29 January 1861. Was he killed in the war, disappeared? I cannot find any information online for him before or after the marriage in Pittsylvania County.

Randy Starkey

Re: Samuel T. Adams

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:34PM GMT
Did he die in Missouri with Elva?

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 3:02PM GMT
I found a Samuel T Adams living with his family in Castle Craig, Campbell Co vA in 1860. I cannot prove he is one in the same but I believe its most likely he.

1860 Castle Craig, Western District Campbell Co VA
John Adams 65 M Farmer
Elizabeth 48 F
Charles 18 M
S. Ann 16 F
Alfred 12 M
Ellen 8 F
Samuel T M 22 Teacher

Looking at how they are listed, its likely Elizabeth may be a second wife and some of these children those of an earlier marriage. He is the only Samuel T I can find in the near vacinity. There is one in southern Bedford, but he's not the right age. Jane may have better answers if she found a death certificate in MO.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:02PM GMT
Elva married Shadrack T Mustain about 1865 and they lived in Missouri...but Samuel it appears has just disappeared.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 6:10PM GMT
I have another Samuel Thomas Adams. 1840 to 1932. Married to a Lelia Hunt. Buried in the Alexander - Adams cemetery in Gladys.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 8:32PM GMT
Jane,
Thank you, because of the birth date, (Elva's being 1837) maybe this Samuel T, is the one and they were divorced. Is Gladys in Virginia?

Randy

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 5:18PM GMT
Gladys is in Campbell County. My home crossroads. If you know where Castle Craig is you are not far from Gladys.

Think your Mom is Barbara. Tell her hello for me.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 8:09PM GMT
Jane,
I will definately tell my Mom hello for you, she is in Florida right now taking care of her sister Stella, and should be back in Illinois soon. By the way I am looking for any old pictures of the Mustain family members and am having a real hard time finding any. I have a picture of R. A. and Stella Ann, but that is about all. Do you have any you can share?

Randy

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 11:51PM GMT
Sorry Randy. No Mustain pictures.

That Samuel Thomas Adams buried in Gladys. He was in CSA. I had this in my file: CSA; Co B 10 Battalion VA HV ARTY. Might help you decide if he is the right or wrong Samuel.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 12:02AM GMT
Thanks so much Jane, I will look him up.

Randy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions