Search for content in message boards

Estrella Photography Studio

Estrella Photography Studio

Posted: 24 May 2006 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2006 3:23PM GMT
I am trying to date a wedding photo taken by the A. M. Estrella Photographo Studio at 376 Bay Street in Fall River. Does anyone have information about this company? Also, where might I find an index of marriage records for Bristol County.

Re: Estrella Photography Studio

Posted: 24 May 2006 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2006 11:15PM GMT
Do you have some approx years?

Posted: 24 May 2006 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2006 3:23PM GMT
Judging by the clothing and hair styles, I'm guessing about 1900 - 1910. My family has been in California since the gold rush. I found this wedding photo in my grandparents' album. The wedding couple must have been important to my family if they mailed the photo from Massachusetts complete with a protective tissue overlay.

Posted: 24 May 2006 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2006 11:15PM GMT
Sandy -I have only a few FR city directories. I 1897 there are no Estrella's in FR. In 1925 there are 2 Estrellas listed as photographers, i.e. Mary and Rose, both at 376 Bay St. This is a residential area much unchanged today. Likely they worked from their home.
In the 1930 directory there is no Estrella photographer, nor any photographer listed at Bay St.
Hope it helps.

Posted: 2 Jul 2006 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Braga, Cabral, Souza
Hi Sandy,
I also have a wedding pic of my gr.grandparents taken at the Estrella Photography Studio on Bay St.
The picture was taken approx. bet. 1910-1914. The background has what appears to be a mahoghany colored arch with leaves on the wallpaper. Does your picture resemble mine. Also my husbands grandparents have an identical background taken at the same studio. I am trying to find out where (what church) they were married in. Do you have any clue as to where your relatives were married?

Sandy Malos (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2006 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hippert, Pfister, Poage, Shand, Watson
The background in your picture sounds identical to mine. After posting my original query, I did a bit more research and found that Antonio M. Estrella operated a photography studio out of his home on Bay Street in the 1910 census. I have no idea who the people are in my photo. The picture was among family photos in my grandmother's album. I don't know of any connection her family had to Massachusetts. I thought the wedding couple might be a clue to some of my brick walls.

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 1:33PM GMT
Hi I just found out my picture was taken Nov.23 1914. The marriage took place in St. Michael's Church in Fall River.

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 10:42PM GMT
How were you able to find the date of the photo and the church they were married. I have a copy of a photo from the same studio of my great-grandparents and would love to know more about it.

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 11:21PM GMT
Hi, I found the date and church while searching familysearch.org
Hope this helps you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions