Search for content in message boards

notation on manifest "Albert Gallatin" 05/10/1850

notation on manifest "Albert Gallatin" 05/10/1850

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2012 3:36PM GMT
Albert Gallatin passenger manifest 05/10/1850
On the line entry for John Cusac, there is an asterisk to the left of his name. I have scrolled through the entire manifest and do not see anyplace with a notation pertaining to the asterisk. If the notation was made on a part of the document that was not scanned, is there another way I can find it?
When I look a the manifest entries on the NARA site, I see that the baby Patrick was noted as BORN AT SEA. I don't see that on the scanned image. I suspect that is what the asterisk is for, but the asterisk is not next to Patrick's name. Other babies born at sea have a note in the right hand column. I don't want to miss any additional information that might exist for this family.
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Re: Need help interpreting notation on manifest Albert Gallatin 05/10/1850

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 12:44AM GMT
Admin note:

It will be difficult for anyone to help without a lot more information, such as to where and from where John CUSAC was sailing. Please attach a copy of the passenger list or at least provide a URL where it can be viewed. Please also give baby Patrick's surname.

Re: Need help interpreting notation on manifest Albert Gallatin 05/10/1850

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 12:56PM GMT
Ship – Albert Gallatin
Departed – Liverpool
Arrived – New York 05/10/1850
Image 18 of 35
*John Cusac - 23
Kate Cusac - 27
Patrick Cusac – infant
Passenger list attached
link to passenger list from ancestry
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

link to NARA site showing Patrick Born at Sea
http://aad.archives.gov/aad/display-partial-records.jsp?dt=1...=

I am trying to determine what the *(asterisk) next to John’s name means. I don’t see any notation pertaining to it on the scanned passenger list.
Thank you very much
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions