Search for content in message boards

Idaho State Insane Asylum

Idaho State Insane Asylum

Posted: 16 Aug 2005 9:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dodd
My G G Uncle E D Dodd was listed in the 1910 Census as being a patient in the Asylum in Bingham Co. I would love to hear from someone who could help Me find anything about Him. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Re: Idaho State Insane Asylum

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 2:05AM GMT
Hello,

If your relative died at the Asylum, you might be able to confirm that with the hospital and get a date of death, but you'll get very little else from them I'm afraid. That is without a court order. Good luck!

Patrick D. Dolan (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 6:27PM GMT
Also, try contacting your Idaho legislators about passing legislation that would allow you to view your adult relatives records after 75 years. Idaho has no statute of limitation for sealed records as other states do.

The National Archives gave me my great uncle's civil war disability pension records that included medical reports through the 1920's.

Jay (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 6:25PM GMT
i've found out that one of the main reasons that we cannot get much info on the blackfoot asylum, or it's patients is because nothing has been stored, researched, or even looked at for over 50 years. today, i have an interview with the head of the state hospital south. i, hopefully will get permission to read and research all of the hospital's history. i'll ask about your relative, while i'm at it. wish me luck.

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 5:41PM GMT
Jay,

If it's not too late and you have any success with the head of State Hospital South, I'd would very much like to know more about my great grandfather who died at the hospistal in 1907.

By the way, if you dare bring it up, Idaho public law 9-341 says something along the lines that when exempt and non exempt public records are stored together, they are to be separated and the non exempt information is to be disclosed. I don't know if this applies here for sure?

Good luck,

Pat

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 5:42PM GMT
Jay,

For what it is worth, my great grandfather's name is John Dolan.

Thanks,

Pat

SHIRLEY BREWER (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2006 7:59PM GMT
records for 1900

Posted: 1 Mar 2010 4:21PM GMT
I just found your posting from 2006. Were you ever able to get any information from the Idaho State Hospital? My grandfather died there in 1943. I would love to find out any information I could on him while he was there. Hopeing to hear from you. M

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 12:14AM GMT
No, I haven't found anymore info. I know that My g g Uncle ernest daniel dodd was there in 1910. he is in the us census. Keep in touch, we may jump the brick wall. thank you frances reid

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 4:25AM GMT
This for Jay who posted a message on Jan. 13, 2006, concerning information and history about the Blackfoot Insane Asylum. Did you find anything out about the historical policies of this institution. My mother grew up next the asylum and had some interesting memories. But even better, I have two aunts who died as infants and are buried in the sand dunes located nearby the asylum. They were infants which didn't live over one hour. If anyone has information about their graves, I would love to hear about it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic