Search for content in message boards

WRIGHT

Posted: 19 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 10:16AM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT
I am researching a WRIGHT family with sons Ely, Richard, Joseph, and Benjamin who immigrated from Frederick County, MD to Nelson County, KY in the late 1700s to early 1800s. I will exchange information with others researching this family.

Wrights in Nelson Co. Kentucky

Posted: 31 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Wright
I have Benjamin Wright, b. 1782 who married Sarah Elizabeth Bye in Nelson County, Kentucky on 25 May 1795. Sarah was the daughter of John Bye. Their children were (1.) James Henry Wright who married Lucretia Hammond, (2.) Joseph Wright who married Eliza Hammond, (3.) Sarah Wright who married Moses Ball, (4.) Amanda Wright and (5.) Ann Wright. The census records for 1830 have two Benjamin Wrights living almost next door to each other. I do not know their relationship but surely, father and son. It is believed that Benjamin's father was Jonathon Wright. Family stories say Benjamin lived to be over 100 years old but have not been able to confirm. The Wrights could have lived in Hardin County at one time or Hardin County later became part of Nelson County or vice versa.
Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT, BLESSETT
I have a Vincent Wright, could have lived in Nelson Co. at one time, mar February 16, 1809 Hardin Co to Elizabeth Blessett b abt 1784. Elizabeth's parents were George & Nancy Blissett. Would like to know who Vincent's parents were, and if Vincent and Elizabeth had children. Thanks, Betty Lou

Re: Wrights in Nelson Co. Kentucky

Jonnie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 7:26PM GMT
I am researching Sarah Wright born in 1829 in Kentucky to parents Joseph Wright and ???.
She married George Wimsatt on Dec. 12, 1842 in Nelson county, Kentucky.
If you see any connection please reply to jone@garlic.com. Thanks!

Re: WRIGHT

Posted: 9 Sep 2002 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Bye, Snyder, Coe, Garret
I'm wondering if the Benjamin Wright you mention could be the same one Mike Thorstad mentions in his letter. My thinking is that Sarah Elizabeth Bye, whom our Benjamin married was born in MD. Her father John Bye also moved to Nelson Co., KY. I believe he was a Quaker. Would be interested to learn who Benjamin's father was. Jo Kern

Posted: 14 Sep 2002 4:16PM GMT
Jo,

I don't know if the two Benjamins are the same person. I did try to follow up with Mike but received no reply. The Benjamin WRIGHT I mentioned is the son of Joseph WRIGHT. Benjamin was born 3 March, 1772 in Frederick County, Maryland and is mentioned as a minor in his father's will. A later apprenticeship record gives his date of birth. I know he was still living in 1795 when land from his father's estate was purchased by one of the heirs. Through all the research I've done on this family, I've found no indication or evidence they were Quakers.

Regards,
Dixie Haas
Posted: 20 Dec 2007 3:42PM GMT
i am trying to find any information on a jo neil kern he was in washington dc on dec 7 1941 the night pearl harbor was attacked he then was involved int he military and went off to war.

my mother in law is his daughter but he never saw her he left to war and she was born and her mother had remarried

any information on jo neil kern would be of great help
thanks, christine

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Wrights
Does anyone have a copy of joseph wrights will! Or can give me a link to check this will out! Thanks Barb!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic