Search for content in message boards

Dr. Franklin Cain

Dr. Franklin Cain

Gene Cain (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAIN, REEVES, MEAKS, MEEKS
Dr. Franklin Cain (1836-1892) is listed as the youngest son of Amos and Hannah Reeves Cain who lived in NE Bladen County. Amos was the oldest son of James and Mary Meaks Cain who were married in Harmony Hall in 1780. We have no wife for Franklin and do not know if he was a doctor. If he was, who did he study with? Any information on the life of Franklin, b 20 Oct., 1836; d 28 Mar.,1892, would be appreciated.

CAIN and MCLEOD Families

Merry Smith (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN, MCLEOD, SMITH, BURNETT, WATSON, JAMES, CAMPBELL, MEEKS, REEVES, MELVIN, THOMAS, RIDDLE
I know Franklin's parents had 9 children. My husbands line comes from his older sister Helen. Will be glad to exchange info with you.

Dr. Franklin Cain

Gene Cain (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN, MEEKS, REEVES, SIKES, UNKNOWN
Seeking g-grandfather of Franklin Cain born born in Bladen County 20 Oct.,1836. Franklin youngest son of Amos & Hannah Reeves Cain. Find him also listed as D. Franklin which may indicate Doctor was a given name, not trade. Amos (b 18 May, 1784) oldest son of James & Mary Meaks(Meeks) Cain. James was in Bladen Militia during Rev. War. Married Mary Meaks at Harmony Hall on 28 Dec., 1780. James & Mary had at least four sons. Amos, Samuel(b 26 Jan, 1787, John(b. 1793), & James, Jr. Samuel marr. Nancy (Sikes?). John marr. Dolly (seek name). Also seek any info on James Jr.(b abt. 1790).

Dr. Franklin Cain

Al Smith (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cain
Doctor Franklin Cain of Bladen County was my great-great grandfather. His given name was "Doctor", he was not a doctor of any type.

Dr. Franklin Cain

Al Smith (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry, I have no more information than you already have.

Al

Doctor Franklin Cain

Gene Cain (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
We share James Cain, Sr.(B.1752) father of Amos (g-f of D.F) and father of John (our line)who married Dolly. Would you have any idea of Dolly's maiden name or line? Also, we can get no further back than James born Sept/Oct.1752 on Little Pee Dee, SC. Have you any information on roots of James? Thank you for the response on D.F.
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 9:55AM GMT
Surnames: CAIN, CASHWELL
I NEED HELP LOCATING A MARY ANN CAIN SHE MARRIED RICHARD GUTHRIE CASHWELL. THEY HAD A SON ARASTUS ROMAN CASHWELL HE WAS BORN IN 1886 IN ELIZABETHTOWN N.C. BLADEN CO. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP WRITE AT Katnap98@aol.com

SHANNON

Mary Ann Cain

Al Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Cashwell
Sorry, I have no mention of Mary Ann Cain or either of the two Cashwells in any of my databases.

Mary Cain Cashwell

Gene Cain (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN, CASHWELL
If you look under SE Folks by Jim Cooke you will find Richard Guthrie (Bud) Cashwell and Mary Ann Virginia Cain Cashwell on this Bladen County Web page under Turnbull Cains.

Re: Mary Cain Cashwell

jennie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2003 12:58AM GMT
Mary Ann Virginia Cain Cashwell was known by the shorter name Jenny. Her husband was Richard Guthrie "Bud" Cashwell. They had the following children: Mary Lee Cashwell Davis (married to Edgar Davis), Kate Cashwell (married to Lloyd Davis), Claudie Cashwell, George Cashwell, Fred Cashwell, Arastus Cashwell, and Molly Cashwell. Arastus Cashwell died near Linville Falls, North Carolina. He had three daughters there by his third wife, Louise. He had three daughters; I know ones name was Virginia. Jenny is buried with Bud in a small family graveyard near Bladen Lakes Elementary School.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions