Search for content in message boards

Civil War - Confederate Veterans - Lacy

Civil War - Confederate Veterans - Lacy

"Denny" Lee Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 2:56PM GMT
In the Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville, KY is one William C. Lacy, PVT, Calvary 41st Mississippi, died 11/26/1862, buried in Lot CS 246 #2
Does anyone know how is ties into the family tree? Other Confederate Veterans in our family? I am Dennis Lee Lacy, my father is Dennis Gale Lacy, his father was George Lacy. Our family has been is Western KY since 1780 and I'm looking to establish our families contribution to the "late unpleasantness" between the States.

Some of the Alabama Lacy's

Ben Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:12PM GMT
My grandfather was also a George Lacy, from NE Alabama. I believe his family moved to AL from TX. His father was Thomas Lacy. I know I had relatives in the war, but don't know specifics. Any suggestions on where to look?

Lacy's Confederate Service

Dennis Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:22PM GMT
Ben,
Thanks for your reply. I can't remember but it seems like that there was a Thomas Lacy in my side of the family too. I will have to go check. I have had a hard time finding links to the Lacy Family and the Confederate effort during the War of Northern Aggression. I found a Willliam C. Lacy who is buried in Louisville , KY. Served in the Mississippi 41st Calvary I believe. Died in the early part of the war - 1862 . E.B. Lac(e)y was the Regimental Chaplain for Stonewall Jackson.

Research

Ben Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:26PM GMT
Dennis,
I know of a manual that has been put together already, but I'll have to check with my Dad, as it was a DISTANT cousin who did the research. I know there are lots of "us" in the midwest, which is where this cousin lives. I'll keep you posted.

LACY - CIVIL WAR

D. LACY (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2001 7:33AM GMT
Charles H. Lacy moved to MO when his father-in-law
Luke Wellman Joslyn volunteered from WI for a medical unit to help
during the Civil War. Do you have any additional informational sources
that could supply information on the Lacy family ?

Re: Some of the Alabama Lacy's

T H Lacy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: Lacy
My Great grand father was Thomas Harrison Lacy of Marego County, Alabama. He moved to Texas sometime after 1847. He died in Grimes County, Texas in 1897. My grand father is Thomas H Lacy. He must be your grand fathers brother. I also have an Uncle named George.

Re: LACY - CIVIL WAR

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 12:33AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2002 12:57AM GMT
You guys who are looking for Lacy Civil War ancestors need to check out http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss.soldiers.htm. This is a great listing that is cross-referenced on Civil War soldiers, both Confederate and Union, and you can key in surnames, regiments, states, etc. I've pulled hundreds of names off this list for both my own family and friends, plus making a listing or verifying listing of soldiers buried in our local cemeteries here in Utica, Hinds County, MS. There are a LOT of Lacys, both CSA and Union, on this National Park Service web page. My great grandmother was a Lacy, and her brothers were CSA soldiers. Her father was too old to serve in the regular army but was in the state militia (Freeman, Adolphus, Simeon, Jasper, others from here in MS). The Lacy family came from VA to GA to MS in my branch. I know there are a lot of Lacys in the mid-west. I wrote a book on the Lacys that went through 3 printings in 1982, based on RevWar, Civil War, Bible, land, cemetery, and personal family recollections of my family members remembered these CSA and War of 1812 soldiers and knew many of them well. My book has been plagerized all over the country by Lacys doing genealogy work over the past 20 years. That's okay, except that the original source material has been lost to many, and they don't know how to find the original documentation, some of which has been stashed here in my family safe for many years on my branch of the family.

Mary Collins Landin
landinmc@aol.com

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 11:48AM GMT
I am a Lacy from Alabama also. I have no idea where they lived before coming to Alabama. My Grandfather was John Isom Lacy and my Grandmother was Mattie L. Phillips Lacy. They had three children - two boys and a girl. Cleo S. Lacy, Johnnie G. Lacy and Clara B. Lacy all from the Birmingham Area. I do know they originally lived in the Walker County area. During your process of gathering information should you see anything relating to my group, would you be kind enough to let me know.
Good luck on your endeavors.

DARLENE LACY (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2001 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: LACY
MY DAD LIVED IN WALKER CO. AND HE ALSO HAD 2 BROTHERS AND A SISTER THAT LIVED THERE UNTIL THERE DEATH A FEW YEARS AGO. THEY CAME FROM THE COLUMBUS MISS AREA OR ON THE MISS/ALA LINE. MY DAD WAS DAVID LACY. THE SIBLINGS THAT REMAINED IN WALKER CO WAS CLARA LACY WALDRON. ALEX LACY, GEORGE LACY. THERE PARENTS WERE ALEX AND MARY JANE RANDOLPH LACY. GRANDFATHER ALEC OR ALEX FATHER WAS A PLANTATION OWNER. THEY HAD OTHER SIBLINGS THAT LEFT THAT AREA. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATFUL I CANT SEEN TO GET PAST GRANDFATHER ALEC.

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 11:48AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I am not sure if there is a connection or not. My grandfather John Isom Lacy born 1874 and died in 1945. He was a rock and stone mason by trade. Died in Birmingham. As a child I can recall visiting relatives in Walker County, but was too young to recall details other than a lady named Daisy Burton; she had numerous children but I do recall one with the name of Eva Jean. Do recall visiting a plantation too. The property owners were older at the time, but did make beautiful cedar trunks or chests (probably as a hobby) The springhouse, etc., was still in use.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions