Search for content in message boards

Kinder

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Feb 2004 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Kinder
Looking for someone doing Kinder Family research. Hiram Kinder b. 3-10-1858 d. 8-8-1927. I believe he was from Jonesvile, Lee County, Va.This is for a friend who doesn't have access to the internet. Any help will be appreciated.

Kinder

SueBee (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kinder, Hinkle
I have an Elizabeth Kinder, b. about 1825, d. 1/1886 who married or shacked up with George Washington Hinkle and had one daughter and two sons in Lee Co VA. I have found no marriage data. George Hinkle died at Point Lookout MD as a prisoner of the North during the Civil War and Elizabeth Kinder raised the children alone. Children were Serelda Alice Hinkle, Ambrose Hinkle, and Floyd Hinkle. I will apprciate any information about Elizabeth Kinder or George W. Hinkle.
Family story says that Elizabeth Kinder worked as a domestic for Dr. Lloyd near Stickleyville VA. George Washington Hinkle came to the area, from an unknown place, with his belongings on his back. He was a artist with leather, wood, and/or metal. He stopped at Dr. Lloyd's place for a rest and day work where he spotted Elizabeth and announced that he intended to marry that girl. This family is a problem for me!!! Please help.
Posted: 20 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Kinder
I've checked with my Lee County Birth Register and the 1880 Lee County Census (both by Mr. Mark D. Treadway) and I cannot locate your Kinder in either one.

Sorry:(

Kim
Posted: 27 Apr 2003 12:00AM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2003 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Kinder/Kinser/Ayers
I have a Hiram Kinder who married Cordie ?. The best that I can tell, the family is frmo Hancock CO. TN. I found them there in 1860, 1880, and 1920. I am reviewing the other years. One of the problems that I am having is that the name changes to Kinser at some point.
I am connected through my gggrandmother Nealey Kinder who married Clint Ayers.
Are you related to Lennie Corbin?

Re: Kinder

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2004 4:47AM GMT
Hi Ellen, We have a Minnie Kinder who married Wright Strickley Cheek, he was a brother to my grandmother. Any relation? Paula

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Kinder- Cheek
I do have a Minnie Kinder who is the daughter of Hiram Kinder and Cordie (not sure that is right). I don't have much on her. Is this the same person?
Who is your grandmother? I am related to a bunch of the Cheek family as well.
If this is the same Minnie Kinder, she is the step-sister of my gggrandmother, Nealey Kinder.

paulastanley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 10:49PM GMT
Hi Ellen, I am trying to reach the great granddaughter of Minnie, Her maiden name may have been Golden and she married a Kinder as her two oldest children are named Kinder but the other ones are children of Wright Strickley Cheek, who was my grandmother's brother, she is Vica Ann Elizabeth Cheek Denham Bumgardner. If I can get anymore information, will let you know. Paula
Posted: 31 Aug 2013 2:53AM GMT
I am new to this site, but I am interested in finding my mothers family. My mother is Rhonda, her mother was Juanita Kinder, her mother was Minnie golden cheek married to Wright cheek. I am stuck because I do not know who Juanita's father is. I cannot figure out if her maiden name is Kinder because it was her mother Minnie's maiden name or if she was named after an unknown father who's last name would have been Kinder. It is making it difficult to track down Minnie's Parents names because i do not know if she is a Kinder or married a Kinder. Any help you have would be great! If I understand your post correctly, I am the great granddaughter of Minnie Golden.
Posted: 4 Sep 2013 2:13PM GMT
I have a Minnie Kinder married Wright Cheek. Also 3 brothers and 1 sister. I don't know if I can help. My email address is anngraham884@yahoo.com
Email me at my address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic