Search for content in message boards

Davis - Bailey

Davis - Bailey

Posted: 18 May 2009 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis, Bailey
I am looking for info regarding John T Davis married Laura B Bailey April 1888 in Hunt County Texas.
I have gotten the marriage license and it provides no further information than name. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Davis - Bailey

Posted: 19 Oct 2009 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Davis Baily
This post was deleted by the author on 15 Jan 2013 8:40PM GMT

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Davis Bailey
Is there a day when the license was issued? If so, then I will check for a local newspaper around that time because the maiden name was often published when the license was issued.

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Davis - Bailey
the license was issued 7 april 1888 in Greenville TX by TE Byrd, clerk.

They were married 8 April 1888 by A. M. Hobson minister.

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Davis - Bailey
The license was issued 7 April 1888 by clerk Hunt County, T.E. Byrd.

They were married 8 April 1888 by minister, A. M. Hobson.

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 8:08PM GMT
Recommendations? 1) Clearly define what you are seeking and 2) retain your original screen name. Whenever "limited" info is provided by requester, clues can sometimes be discerned by reviewing prior postings. That's difficult when changes are made to logon names. Anyway, point your mouse at "Search" in the header of ancestry.com's homepage. Scroll to "Public Member Trees" then click. Enter John Thomas Davis and Laura Bell Bailey as the parents. Pulldown tab to display USA under "Country". Pulldown tab to display Texas under "State". Click "Search" then select family tree(s) for review. John T. Davis died prior to Feb 1900 'cause Laura married Thomas J. Sitton, 24 Feb 1900, in Montague County. Then Laura must have died prior to 1920 'cause Tom Sitton remarried. Laura's parents were John H. Bailey and Martha M. Waldrum of Arkansas. They married 26 Dec 1857 in Fannin County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions