Search for content in message boards

Samuel Kelly

Samuel Kelly

Posted: 19 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Kelly
I'm looking for ancestor info re Samuel Kelly, who was clergy in Estill Co, KY and appeared in 1820 census there but not in 1810 census. One researcher suggested many moved from Lee Co, VA. Samuel was married to Elizabeth ? and had issue of Emmanuel (b.1807), Elizabeth, Charlotte, Jemima, Samuel Jr, John, and Harrison. Any links?
Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Kelly
Jack, I may be sending you on a wild goose chase but here goes....while searching for my gggrandparents (Robert Earl Willis and Gemima Gilley (turned out to be Jermina Gilley): I found out that her mother was Jemina Kelly b Oct.30, 1827 whose parents were Mathias Kelly b.Dec.28,1797 in Tn. and Abigal Sturgill (Kelly) b. Nov.30,1801 in Allegheny Co. N.C. I found this at http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com If you can get this site again you may be able to find something. Please, please if you find out anything about Robert Earl Willis let me know! Let me know if this is who you are searching. sm127@msn.com

KELLY, BROWN

Posted: 20 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: KELLY, BROWN
Hello,Shirley,

I noticed your posting with regard to Mathias KELLY and Abigail STURGILL. Mathias KELLY was a brother of my ggg-grandmother who was Mary KELLY. Mary KELLY b. abt. 1808 married William BROWN, b. abt. 1804 in Lee Co., VA. I descend through their son, John BROWN, b. abt. 1830 who marr. Rebecca BAILEY. Their son, Zion Bailey BROWN mar. Easter BLAIR (my g-grandparents who are buried near Woodway, Lee Co., VA). Their son, Samuel Roscoe BROWN mar. Sarah Elizabeth CREECH (my maternal grandparents)buried in Mt. Zion Cem., Greene Co., OH.

Returning to Mathias KELLY and Abigail STURGILL, one of their sons was Patrick "Jasper" KELLY, b. March 24, 1837 in Lee Co., VA who died July 13, 1918 in Milton, Umatilla Co., OR. Deborah CLARKSTON sent me a photo of Patrick "jasper" KELLY some time ago. I will be happy to forward a copy via computer which was found in an antique store and which made its way to Deborah. Please let me know.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Re: KELLY, BROWN

ComCOOKY (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2001 8:38PM GMT
Could this William Brown bw thw father of my Charles Brown (1850 census) that has my GGGrandmother in the household, Tempy C. This is a new line for me and I"m just getting started on it. Any help you could give would be appreciated. I don't know anything about the Browns except Tempy C. Brown married Peter Muncy. THANKS COOKY

Re: KELLY, BROWN

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, KELLY
Hello,

Unfortunately I am not at all familiar with any Charles BROWN as a s/o William and Mary KELLY BROWN. Right now I'm getting ready to fly to OH in the a.m. so cannot be of further help until after my return after Nov. 11th.

It is possible that there is a relationship through perhaps a sibling of my William BROWN but I've not yet done any personal research on any of his siblings to know.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Re: Jemina Kelly

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2003 4:50AM GMT
HI I AM JIM SMITH MY E-MIAIL IS REDS0325@CHARTERTN.NET
I HAVE A PRETTY LONG LIST OF KELLYS FROM LEE CO. IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME NAMES I MAY HAVE THEM.

Re: Jemina Kelly

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 4:39AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2004 5:15PM GMT
My, I was shocked to get a reply after a year. Thank you for replying. What I'm actually looking for is jemina Kelly's grand-daughter Jemina/ Jermina Gilly Willis who was married to Robert Earl Willis of Va. (L:ee/Wise). Thank you, Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic