Search for content in message boards

Kelly Family 1800's Middlesex Co.,

Kelly Family 1800's Middlesex Co.,

Posted: 14 Dec 2001 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 3:31AM GMT
I am looking for information on the Kelly Family. John Kelly was b ca 1797 in Ireland, his wife was Margaret Graham b ca 1796 Ireland.

They came to Middlesex, Ontario Canda ca 1850.

They had a son William b ca 1825 Tyrone Co., Ireland.

There was a daughter Margaret b ca 1835 -

There were supposed to also be two brothers, who disappeared. One in New York City.

William married 1st Margaret/Sarah Bodkin in 1860 and then Angeline Cass. His in-laws were Alex Bodkin and Sarah? possibly Bell.

Re: William & Ruth Scott Kelly

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Kelly, Scott
I have some information about a William Kelly who married a Ruth Scott (my mother was a Scott). They had 4 children - Bob and Maggie (twins), Eliza, and Jack. William died in 1892.
The Scott family was also from Tyrone Co.

William Scott, Ruth's older brother, married Margaret Bell. Witnesses were William and MaryJane Bell. William and Margaret were were my g. grandparents.

Ruth's younger brother married a Sarah Bell in 1880. Witnesses were Almon Monteith and Annie Bell.

I'm not sure how this fits into your research, but with all these similar names from Middlesev County, there must be a connection somewhere. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Diane B.

Posted: 8 Mar 2002 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:36PM GMT
Do you know who Williams' parents were or when he was born?

Diane B. (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 2:00AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:36PM GMT
Sorry, I don't know anything more about William Kelly, but if I come across anything helpful, I'll let you know.

Diane

Re: Owen & Mary Springer Kelly; IRE > NY > CAN

Posted: 24 Aug 2003 10:47AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: KELLY, SPRINGER
Hi Debbie,
My ancestor is Owen Kelly (born in Ireland before 1780)who immigrated to New York, stayed there long enough to get married (to Mary Springer)and have a few children,then moved the family to Middlesex Co. between 1815 and 1820. I'm not sure if this relevant to your search but I thought I would respond and see if our Kellys are related. I don't know where in Ireland Owen was born.
Cindi

Re: William Kelly; Tyrone Co., Ireland > CAN >MI

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 12:17AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: Kelly, Graham
Hi:

My William came from Tyrone Co., Ireland about 1848 - came through New York and then settled in Middlesex Co. He was there till about 1880 when he moved to Eaton Co., Michgian.

His parents were John & Margaret Grahm Kelly and I believe he had a brother John and a sister Margaret. Williams parents were in Middlesex also. William was born ca 1825.
They lived near London in West Nissouri Township.

Debbie

Re: William Kelly

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 3:42PM GMT
Hi Debbie,
Your information doesn't sound familiar. There were several Kelly/ Kelley families in Middlesex County even at that time. Thanks for responding. I will keep note of your info and contact you if I suspect a link.
Cindi

Re: Kelly Family 1800's Middlesex Co.,

albert bodkin (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Bodkin, Graham
This is ironic as my gg grandfather william Bodkin married a SAhah ann Hemming and later on a margaret Graham
He was from Ontario until 1881 when he moved to Manitoba

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 11:12AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2003 9:11PM GMT
It is ironic. Do you connect to the Bodkins from south of London, Ontario?

Debbie

Albert Bodkin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 4:21PM GMT
Debbie ; I believe it is from the Thamesford area but can,t be sure. Some of our old pictures have Thamesford on them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions