Search for content in message boards

ROBERT BANNON & DINAH RYAN FAMILY

ROBERT BANNON & DINAH RYAN FAMILY

Faye (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information on 2 of the daughters born to Robert and Dinah. I have a Sarah Jane born about 1852 who married a John Pacey??? Also there is a daughter Margaret born about 1856 - who did she marry. The other children in this family included John, Caleb, Ellen, Isabella, Mary Ann, James and Dinah Christine. The Bannon family were in Belmont Township. Any help or suggestions on info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Re: ROBERT BANNON & DINAH RYAN FAMILY

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 10:31AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 10:57PM GMT
they are on 1881 census
www.familysearch.org

There is a John and Sarah A Peacy on the 1881 census living with Levi Peacy. I don't think these are your guys . It doesn't say they are married but they are the only ones on the census.

1901 census can be viewed on www.automatedgenealogy.com

Ontario marriages
Joseph Levi Hubble, 26, born Seymour, living Belmont, farmer , s/o Henry and Hannah Hubble married Christina BANNON, 22, born Belmont, living same, d/o Robert Bannon & Dinah Ryan, witn: David Bentley and Jane Gillen of Marmora on June 3, 1885 at Marmora

George McMillan, blacksmith, born Havelock ,living same s/o Abram McMillan and Isabella Bannon, married Alberta M Gummon, 27, Fenella, Harwood,d/o William Gummon & Maggie Johnston, wit: M? L Johnson & Bella Frost , both of Havelock on 18 Jan 1905 at Havelock (Peterborough) #016099-05

Ontario Births
017419-74 (Peterborough) PEACY, Dinah Jane, f, born Mar 13 1873, father: John Peacy , farmer, mother: Sarah J Bannon, inf: John Peacy , Belmont Tp
Could not find a Dinah Peacy on 1881 census.

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 10:44AM GMT
This might possibly be Sarah Jane....
12296-98 (Peterborough Co): John G. WILLIAMS, 36, widower, drover, Hastings Co., Campbellford, s/o David WILLIAMS & Anginia GIPSON, married Harriet PACEY, 26, Havelock, Belmont, d/o John PACEY & Sarah BOWMAN?, witn: S.B. SHOREY & Eliza A. MAGEE, both of Peterborough, 12 Oct 1898 at Peterborough
Ingrid

Faye (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 3:37PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I have studied the 1861/71 and 81 census. Isabella Bannon married to Abraham McMillen is my great grandmother. In the John and Sarah Pacey family there was supposed to be 4 children- Harriet (1872), Dinah Jane (1873)- Robert Shallum(1879)- and Caleb John (1881).
You have passed along enough info that maybe I can may some headway again, Thanks

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 9:24PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 10:57PM GMT
John G WILLIAMS, 36, widower, drover, Hastings Co., Campbellford, s/o David WILLIAMS & Anginia GIPSON, married Harriet PACEY, 26, Havelock, Belmont, d/o John PACEY & Sarah BOWMAN?, witn: S.B. SHOREY & Eliza A. MAGEE, both of Peterborough, 12 Oct 1898 at Peterborough (Peterborough) # 12296-98

John and Sarah are on 1881 census under PACY.
John, Harriet and John are on 1901 census under PACEY.
Wonder why Harriett is on 1901 census with father John when she is married to Williams?
There is also a Shallum/Shalom on the marriage site which is likely a brother of John's as one of the boys second name was Shallum.
On the Peterborough County Will and Surrogate Record Database there is a John Pacey, Havelock, 1919 and and Isabell Pacey, Belmont 1921. If this is your John, you could get his will and they usually have lots of information.

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 3:12PM GMT
Hi,

We have a family file on the Bannon family of Belmont.
If you contact our archives, we may be able to help you further. Our Bannon family tree dates back to 1778.

Thanks,

Diane.

Faye (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 7:37PM GMT
Thanks for the info Diane. When you say the archives - do you mean the archives in Peterborough or the archives at the KARA or at the genealogical society? I reside in Alberta and have written to the OGS branch but have not met with much success.

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 7:52PM GMT
Hi,

I am the assistant archivist with Trent Valley Archives
in Peterborough. Our webpage is:

www.trentvalleyarchives.com

thanks,

Diane.

Rae Bezborotko (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2006 3:22AM GMT
I too am interested in this family .My gr.grandmother was Dinah Pacey married to James Clark. Their daughter Ellen Annie was my grandmother.
Any assistance in filling in a lot of blanks would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions