Search for content in message boards

Ornelas and Marquez

Ornelas and Marquez

Janey (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramos, Jaimes, Olivares(z), Martin, Guzman, Barajas, Ornelas on paternal and maternal, Contreras, Zuniga, Quebeda(o)
Hola Cindy and Alberto,

I reside in Texas, of course my parents migrated here. My aunt is married to my uncle Marquez and they reside in Guadalajara, Mex. In my ancestry, the surname Ornelas is on my great, grandmother's name is Arcadia Ornelas, my greatgrandfather's name is Jose Maria Olivares from San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco, Mexico. His father was the owner of the hacienda de Olivares but I do not know his name yet. I do not know where my great grandmother Arcadia Ornelas was from. My father's mother's side, my great grandmother was sister to my mother's Ornelas and her name was Francisca Ornelas. And if they is related to you then we could be related. Hopefullythey are related to you, then I can maybe ask you to help me with my family tree.

Email me so we can see if we are related double times.

Hope to hear from you,

Janey

Re: Ornelas and Marquez

Jose Ornelas (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2005 5:36AM GMT
Hello,

Mi name is Jose Humberto Ornelas. I wanted to reply to your message because I noticed the use of my last name and one of the locations on your message. I have been to San Jose de Olivares. My uncles Armando Ornelas and Matilde Ornelas used to live in the big house that is on the hill side above the church. My cousins sold all of that land. I still go visit. I now live in Oregon, USA as many other persons that used to live in San Jose Olivares and the nearby ranches. My grandfather was Ponciano Ornelas from El Paso Ondo. Hope I can hear from you. We might be related.

Janey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2005 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Ramos, Olivares, Jaimes, Martin, Guzman, Barajas, Ornelas, Contreras, Hernandez, Barajas, Zuniga, Quebeda(o)
Hi Jose Humberto,

It sure is great to hear from you about the possibility that one or two of my ancestors could be related to you. I have been hearing negative responses all this time. My mother was the one who told me it was hacienda de Olivares, names can change obviously. So it's San Jose de Oliveres(I always spell it Olivarez: wrong, again, my mother who's maiden name was Olivares said it was spelled that way. She, Maria de Jesus Olivarez deceased one year ago August 29, 2004. Both sides my father and mother 's Ornelas are related.
First it's I, Juanita Ramos
My father Esteban Ramos married Maria De Jesus Olivares
E. Ramos' mother: Margarita Jaimes m. Cruz Ramos
M. Jaimes' parents:Isabel Jaimes m. Onofre Barajas
O. Barajas parents: Miguel Barajas m. Francisca Ornelas

Maria De Jesus Olivares(1926) m.(1944) Esteban Ramos(1918)
M. Olivares parents: Maximiliano Olivares m. Juana Martin
M Olivares parents: Jose Maria Olivares m. Arcadia Ornelas
A. Ornelas parents: Jose Maria Ornelas m. Tomasa Barajas

My aunt Marquez: Maria De Jesus Olivares' sister: is married to L. Marquez from the same area in Jalisco. I don't know where he is from, but my aunt lived in El Umedo and he came around to meet her, maybe from the same area.

My parents did not give me dates for the relatives mentioned above, really, for none. I just know the dated information.
I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and they made it to Mission, Texas 3 months before I was born. My father had been to the USA previuosly to work as bracero then went back to bring my mother and my older brother Antonio Ramos(deceased) 1972, single car accident and left a boy and a girl. They are grown and have children too. Maybe by speaking to some of your relatives they might know and remember the information I need. I would like to hear stories of those times also. My aunt Marquez lives in Guadalajara, Mexico and my cousin said she knows all my ancestry and I plan to ask her too.
Please email me to let me know if or not we are related.

Thanks for Emailing me,

Janie

Posted: 3 Apr 2010 12:54AM GMT
Hi, my ggrandmother was an Ornelas. I believe they were from Arandas, Jalisco. I do not know much about this part of the family. I believe my ggrandmother died at a fairly young age and her husband remarried. My grandmother was Maria Guadalupe Penilla and she married my grandfather Jose Melquiades Fonseca. I live in Oregon. Hope some of this may sound familiar to you. Would like to know any new info you may find.....we may be able to help each other.
Thanks

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Ramos, Ornelas, Fonseca
Hi, just now got around to my geanology search, sorry. My parents used to speak so much of Jose Melquiades very often as if it was yesterday, however, they have deceased now, dad; Esteban Ramos, mom Maria De Jesus Olivares - Ramos but did speak about him and their great grandmothers being they were, unknowingly, related. I will see if my living uncle Ramos knows anything about him and more.

Janie

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 4:18PM GMT
Fantastic! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 6:25AM GMT
Hello,
I just happen to be googling about olivares and stumbled upon this but Armando and Matilde are my grandparents :) as of now we are fixing up my grandparents house. I remember visiting mi abuelito ponciano when i was little!

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Ornelas
That's great that all this Ornelas are coming from Jalisco . My grandpa was Jose Ornelas a.k.a (el torito) he was born in Jamay, Jalisco but most of his family came from Guadalajara

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Varela, Ornelas, DIaz, Reyna, Garcia, Cano
Hello
My great grandmother, Vicenta Varela Ornelas was born in Arandas, Jalisco in or at least around 1895. At some point, she moved out to I believe Edinburgh, Texas. She got married to my great grandfather Eugenio Diaz Reyna. They had only two children there I believe, Salvador & (my grandmother) Olivia Diaz Varela. The family then moved back to Arandas, Jalisco when my grandmother was a baby. My grandmother later married my grandfather Pedro Garcia Cano who was born & raised in Arandas,Jalisco. My grandfather Pedro Garcia Cano's parents were Feliciano Garcia & Maria Eugenia Cano (who was very young when they got married, around 15).
If anyone has any helpful information or have a connection, it would be deeply appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions