Search for content in message boards

John Luke Welch Immigrant

John Luke Welch Immigrant

Posted: 10 Mar 2005 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2005 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: LUKE, LOTT, PAULK, VICKERS, FLETCHER, BRANCH, Etc
15 Sep 1743, John Luke was granted 400 acres of land in the Welch Tract of Marlborough, SC. He with his wife and 6 children had come from Philadelphia and petitioned for the land. Looking for any info on this John Luke and 6 children. Suspect that Daniel M. Luke who moved down to Irwin Co, GA was one of his sons. Any help out there.

Re: John Luke Welch Immigrant

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 9:36PM GMT
Do you know the names of his children as I suspect he maybe the father or grandfather of my William Luke born SC 1817?

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Luke
Do you know if Joseph D. Luke is the son of John Luke or a brother to Enoch Luke?

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 9:55PM GMT
I notice that you live in Pearl Mississippi and I was wondering if you might been kin to me some how my grandfather was Ing Luke and my father was Lester Farmer Luke.

Alivia Luke

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 10:15PM GMT
I do not know. My grand uncle married a Denson and lived in MS. I can only get back to Wm. Luke born c. 1815 in SC. Have not seen any of your names listed on their records.

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 11:04PM GMT
There was a book out The Life of James Monroe Luke and his decendents

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 9:33PM GMT
I believe that Daniel M. Luke who moved to Georgia was related to John Luke who was granted land on the Welsh Tract in SC. However, Daniel could not have been John's son. Daniel was born in abt 1778. I believe that Daniel's line may have possibly been William, Joseph, and then John. Do you have more info on John? Do you descend from this line? It would be nice to have confirmation. Thanks,
Phil Luke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions