Search for content in message boards

RE: Pullen family Bible pictures

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Feb 2002 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Pullen,Avery
I was given a Pullen family Bible by my Mother, who had it in her home for 30 years but never looked inside the covers. I found old photographs that were unnamed, and my late cousin Hester Pullen of No. Anson, Maine did not recognize several of the faces. The Bible originally belonged to my GGGrandfather, Charles Silas Pullen who was married to Elizabeth Avery and owned 100 acre farm in Anson Maine. Two of the photos were of Elizabeth Avery and her daughter, (my great grandmother)Lenora Abbie Pullen Greenleaf. There are 6 other photos I need help with. If you email me, I will send copies for your review. I hope we can solve the mystery.

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 2:32AM GMT
Hi Carol, Do you have any genealogy on your Pullen's ? I have a James G. Pullen who married Rebecca Robinson .They came from England .I believe they were on the east coast around VT.He was born app.1824,she app.1830.Thank you for reading this.And for any help you can give me.Charlene

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: PULLEN
I do not have the connection but have a guess that this is the Pullen family that came form Attleboro, MA to Winthrop and Anson, ME. Here is what I do have on the line I mention.

Generation Number 1

Name: Jonathan PULLEN
Birth: 1771 in Winthrop, ME
Death: 1845 in Anson, ME

Father: Stephen PULLEN b: 1744 in Attleboro, MA
Mother: Mary (twin) BLACKINTON b: 1748 in Attleboro, MA

Marriage 1 Sylvia BONNEY
Married: 1794 in Winthrop, ME
Children
Cyrus PULLEN b: 1794 in Winthrop, ME
Lois PULLEN b: 1796 in Winthrop, ME
Sullivan PULLEN b: 1798 in Winthrop, ME
William PULLEN b: 1802 in Winthrop, ME
Sally PULLEN b: 1804 in Winthrop, ME
Elizabeth PULLEN b: 1806 in Winthrop, ME
William PULLEN b: 1815 in Maine

Generation Number 2

Name: Cyrus PULLEN
Sex: M
Birth: 1794 in Winthrop, ME
Death: AFT 1860
Note: 1860 was living in Anson, ME where he was a Farmer.

Marriage 1 ELIZA b: ABT 1804 in Maine
Children
Sarah PULLEN b: ABT 1830 in Maine
Daniel PULLEN b: ABT 1834 in Maine

Name: Sullivan PULLEN
Birth: 1798 in Winthrop, ME
Death: AFT 1860
Note:
1850 was living in Anson, ME where he was a Farmer.
1860 was living in Kingfield, ME where he was a Farmer.

Marriage 1 RHODA b: ABT 1799 in Maine
Children
Emeline PULLEN b: ABT 1833 in Maine
Susan PULLEN b: ABT 1836 in Maine
Charles PULLEN b: ABT 1838 in Maine
Silas PULLEN b: ABT 1838 in Maine
Julia PULLEN b: ABT 1842 in Maine

Name: William PULLEN
Birth: 1815 in Maine
Note:
1850 was living in Anson, ME where he was a Farmer.
1860 was living in Anson, ME where he was a Farmer.

Marriage 1 Sarah J. BENNETT b: 1815 in Anson, ME
Children
Granville PULLEN b: 1838 in Anson, ME
Mary PULLEN b: ABT 1840 in Maine
Omar PULLEN b: ABT 1842 in Maine
Harrison PULLEN b: ABT 1844 in Maine
Elhanen PULLEN b: ABT 1846 in Maine
Stephen PULLEN b: 1847 in Anson, ME
Ella PULLEN b: 1849 in Maine
William PULLEN b: ABT 1854 in Maine
Fred PULLEN b: 1856 in Maine
Sylva PULLEN b: ABT 1858 in Maine

I am interested in this family if we can make a connection. I will have to see if I can find Charles Silas Pullen. Do you know about what year he was born or married??

Tom Wright

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 2:29PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: PULLEN
I am almost certain the line in question comes from the Attleboro Pullens. Here is what I found in the 1900 Anson Federal Census

Charles Pullen born 1839 married 36 years. He was born in ME his father in MA and his mother in ME. Blacksmith

His wife Elizabeth born 1840 ME 3 children

Living with them is their daughter
Lenora A Greenlief born 1865 Divorced Mill Operative
her dau. [hard to read] ?Minnie M. born 1889

Your Charles is likely the one I listed earlier as Charles Pullen born abt. 1838 son of Sullivan and Rhoda. In my records I listed both a Charles and a Silas both as being born abt. 1838. I wonder if I saw both name and they are one in the same i.e. Charles Silas

Posted: 22 Jul 2002 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2003 1:41AM GMT
I can't help with picture i.d. but would like to have copys if possible Jonathon pullen would be my gr.gr.gr.gr.gr grandfather you might want to try sara gura. who has also done pullen research I dont remember her e-mail address completly but is like dun4@bellsouth.something

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 8:07PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2002 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: Pullen, Whiting, Smith, Olson
Tom,

According to my records, Charles Silas Pullen and Silas G. Pullen were the twin sons of Sullivan Pullen and Rhoda Ingalls.

I have a large amount of information on the Mass and Maine Pullen families please visit my web sites:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/u/l/Mark-W-Pull...
and
http://home.attbi.com/~markwpullen/Pullen_Family/index.htm

I would appreciate any additional information that you might have. Please contact me via e-mail.

Mark

Posted: 22 May 2003 5:44AM GMT
You are so lucky to have this Pullen Bible. I used to write to Hester from time to time and remember her fondly. I probably cannot help you identify any of the photos, but I could send you a descendant chart for Charles Silas Pullen. I also have all of his family history line back to 1700. Perhaps you'd like to have a copy to keep in the Bible. Please write to me directly at:
dun4@bellsouth.net

Thanks
Sarah Pullen Gura

Re: RE: Pullen family Bible pictures

Posted: 7 Jan 2007 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Pullen
I am descended from William and Sarah (Bennett) Pullen of Anson, ME. I have a few photos of them and some sons that might help match up the Bible photos. I'd like a copy of the Bible photos, just in case. And I have substantial data on the five sons of William and Sarah who moved to California and will be glad to share it.

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 1:05PM GMT
As a member of Anson Historical Society and a former neighbor of Hester Pullen & her sister Marion Pullen Holbrook, I was interested in your posting. Do you know which farm Charles owned? I know where he lived intown North Anson - on Union St. The 1883 map has 3 Pullens living out of town, but Charles was living in town at that time. He was a blacksmith. We would love to have a copy of the Eliz-Lenora photo for the historical society if you wouldn't mind. Pullen & Greenleaf are old names in the town of Anson/North Anson. There are some Greenleaf descendents still in this area.

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 8:09PM GMT
Regarding your request for a picture of my great grandmother, Lenora Abbie Pullen, please email me at caraymond2002@yahoo.com with your full name and address and I will mail you one.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions