Search for content in message boards

Lillian C. Brooks(1814)+James Morgan Neville, George Brooks+Editha Turpin of KENTUCKY

Lillian C. Brooks(1814)+James Morgan Neville, George Brooks+Editha Turpin of KENTUCKY

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Baker/Neville/Kemp/Watts/Evans/Minette/Cockrell/Porter/Herbert/Ensser/Lundy/Willey/Turpin
I am searching for my Grt Grt Grt Grandparents Lillian C.Brooks aka Lily Ann Brooks aka Risa/Rosa Brooks born nov. 8, 1814 in Barren Co., KY. "Lily married my Grt Grt Grt Grandfather James Morgan Neville in 1835. Lilly's Parents were George Brooks & Editha Turpin. James & Lilly had 7 children one of which was my Grt Grt Grandmother Lorena Bea Neville who married Barey Baker. Does anyone know my Family? Thank you, Tami Baker Dean deanteam1@earthlink.net

Re: Lillian C. Brooks(1814)+James Morgan Neville, George Brooks+Editha Turpin of KENTUCKY

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 1:03AM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2005 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks
Yes I do know your family. George Brooks is the brother to my great great grandfather. Would love to trade info with you. Please send email to paula_ks@yahoo.com.

Re: Lillian C. Brooks(1814)+James Morgan Neville, George Brooks+Editha Turpin of KENTUCKY

Posted: 9 Jan 2008 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Turpin, Brooks, Krewson, Butler, Harvell
Hi, I know it is first of the year 2008, Edith Turpin Married George Brooks on 16 Aug. 1804, Barren Co. Ky. I have her as the sister to Nathan Turpin of Barren Co. Ky. Nathan is my Great, Great, Great Grandfather, do you have who Edith's father is?, I have Michael, I am, David E. Turpin of Oakland Oregon. E-Mail davetrpn@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Turpin, Johnson
I have Editha Turpin instead of Edith Turpin marrying George Brooks 16 Aug 1804. From what I have found, her parents were Nathan Turpin born in Augusta, VA about 1753. Her mother I have as Sarah or Sara Johnson, also born in VA about 1753. I have Nathan's mother and father as Solomon and Miriam Turpin, but have no additional info. I have Sarah's father as Arthur Johnson born in Augusta Co., VA in 1718 and death in 1759 at the same location. I have her mother as Margaret Farris or Pharez (have seen it both ways) born 1723 at Blissfield Parrish, Rockingham Co. VA. No death info. I also have Arthur Johnson's parents as Edward Johnson b. 1692 in England and his mother as Elizabeth Walker b. 1694 in England.

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 2:53AM GMT
I do have a copy of the George Brooks family Bible. It lists birth dates and marriage dates for George and Edith's children. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send those on.

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 11:39AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Hi, I would like to have a copy of these records. Thanks for offering to share.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 3:36PM GMT
hi, i have been reading your posts. i would also like a copy of george brooks bible. i am descended from his son miles b brooks. thank you, judi k

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 5:46PM GMT
I would be interested in a copy of the George Brooks Family Bible birth and marriage dates as well. Thank you for your generosity in sharing. I am a great grandson of Miles Brooks
twi159lite@uniserve.com

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 6:38PM GMT
hi, i saw your post. do you mind if i ask what child of miles you are descended through?

Posted: 19 Jan 2009 12:18AM GMT
Miles & Millie Brooks, of Moore's Prairie Township, Jefferson County Illinois >
George Martin Brooks, born 1867; married Lucy Matilda Davis April 19 1891 > 3 children born in Moore's Prairie, (Belle Rive)
George Ernest b.1895; Edna Maranda b.1897; Cecil Davis b.1900.
Cecil is my father. If you're able to see our family tree REBROOKS55, I have some photos showing letter documentations.
We did not know of other Miles and Millie family members until recently. We are new to geneology ancestry.com (for one month now).
Thank you for replying,
R.E.B
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions