Search for content in message boards

Oakwood Cemetery Tombstone Photo required

Oakwood Cemetery Tombstone Photo required

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 11:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, Im wondering if anyone could take a photo of a tombstone for me in the Oakwood Cemetery in Norfolk, County.

She's listed in a single grave. I know that doesn't help locate it at all, but that's as much info as I could find.

Nancy Morrell born Apr 22, 1837 died Aug. 26, 1913

Appreciate it very much.
Jennifer

Re: Oakwood Cemetery Tombstone Photo required

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: Morrell Morell Morrel Morel Moreil Morreil
I have Morrell ancestors. Would you please post more of what you know re: this Nancy Morrell, and any or all of her Morrell family connections?

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 11:44PM GMT
Nancy Morrell is her married name.
She was married to Daniel Morrell 1837-1894.
His parents were Thomas Morrell 1802-1871 and Nancy Cockburn 1807-1881.

Briefly, his siblings were:
Mary, Lydia, Foster, Jane, Ida, Sam, William, Susan, Sarah and Sayler.

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: Morrell Morrill Morell Morill
I see this Morrell family listed living near Brantford on the 1852 Census. Do you know their origins prior to New Brunswick.
Do you know exactly where they lived in Brant County?. And is the other, (1852 Census listed), Brant County Morrell family related?
My Morrell family originated in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England, emigrating about 1843 To Markham, Ontario, then Peel County, then Waterloo County by about 1847.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 2:54AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2012 3:49AM GMT
Afraid Im not 100% familiar with the family as it was the family my 2nd great grandma, Nancy Manwell married into and I haven't take the chance to get more understanding of them. I do know that some did end up in Blanford-Blenheim Twp, Ontario area I believe.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 3:50AM GMT
I believe there is a chance there is no stone for Nancy. Will wait to confirm 100%. Thank you in advance.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions