Search for content in message boards

Looking for Robert Francis McGowan's daughters

Looking for Robert Francis McGowan's daughters

Posted: 14 May 2000 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 10:52PM GMT
I'm trying to locate my distant cousins. Helen (Jerry) McGowan/Smith and Roberta McGowan/Helm. They are my mother Betty cousins, and the daughters of Robert McGowan, the original director of the "Our Gang Comedies" and "The Little Rascals" Please E-mail me at Kathymartin1@msn.com if anyone has any information on them

Re: Looking for Robert Francis McGowan's daughters

Rose Flanagan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kathleen. My name is Rose Flanagan. My grandmother, Martina (Devoto) Flanagan was related to Robert & Emma (Meskew) McGowan. The last address I have for Mary Kate & Marg McGowan is in Los Angeles. E-mail me when you get a chance.

Howard Meshew (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Meskews
Rose,

Would you know of other Meskews? Families
or individuals. If you do, I would apprec-
iate learning of them. I understand that
there are few Meskew families and that most
of them lived in the Denver, Co. area.

Thanks in advance,

Howard Meshew

Howard Meshew

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 5:59PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2002 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: McGowan
Hi! I don't know what happened to Roberta or Helen....but information is on the "movie web pages'..."Our gang Comedies' etc..you might take a look. (You probably already have done that.) My birth name is Maryanne, though people call me Mickie. I am "Young Bob's daughter'......Robert A. McGowan, also wrote/directed the Our Gang Comedies. He was Robt. F. McGowan's nephew, born in Denver. Are you the Cathy I went to St. Monica's with
in the 1950's????? This is exciting! Will you let me know what you find out? My background is very screwed up.

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 6:07PM GMT
Hi, Kathleen! Is this really happening? I'm not sure who you are, but it seems a cooincidence that my dad (Robert A. McGowan) had three sisters: Mary, Marg and Katherine. (Kate). My dad was the nephew of Robt. F. McGowan, and known as "Young Bob" . He was born in Denver, and his mother's name was Susie . They were both writer/directors at Hal Roach.....both wrote/directed the "Our Gang Comedies." My Sister is Madeline...known as Nan. My mother was Madeliene as well. (Rosselle.) I would sure appreciate some family connections.....I am really in the dark, due to inaccurate "Hollywood Bios." Can you help?? Thanks so much!

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: McGowan
Hi, Rose! I forgot to say that if Mary, Marg and Katherine (my 3 aunts) are the same women you mentioned, they have all passed away. I am very vague on this....but Katherine is buried at Holy Cross Cemetary, on Slauson Blvd. in Culver City. She was the angel who paid for my dad's funeral. He is also buried there. Margaret died in kingman, Ariz......and apparently was in a nursing home for years until her death. I never knew her whearabouts....I don't know when she died. Our family had a terrible breakup and there was no communication with any of us after my dad's death. I think Mary must have lived in Kingman, too.......she might have been the only one of the 3 sisters who married. Can we share info?? Thanks so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions