Search for content in message boards

RE: Budzejko Family

RE: Budzejko Family

Richard (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 3:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Budzejko
There were seven children in the family of Anthony Budzejko
who lived in Kulpmont. Would appreciate anything on the fate of them all.
Relative

Re: RE: Budzejko Family

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Budzejko
I don't know if this is the the Anthony Budzejko you are referring to from Kulpmont. But...my great-great grandfather was Ojciec Antoni Budzejko from the Kulpmont, PA area. I don't know how many children he had, but one of his sons, (my great grandfather) was Thomas Jacob Bojako (some of the sons changed the spelling of their name...reason unknown). Thomas Jacob Bojako had four children: Thomas Bernard Bojako (my grandfather), Dorothy, Anna, and Nellie. Thomas Bernard Bojako had three children: Thomas John Bojako (my father), Christina Bojako (now Cooper), Debbie Bojako (now McHugh). Thomas John Bojako had three children: Jennifer Bojako Haak (me), Thomas Brandon Bojako, and Thomas Michael Bojako.

My immediate family now resides in the Downingtown, PA, Reading, PA and Lancaster, PA areas. Please let me know if you believe this is the same Anthony Budzejko that you are referring to. My grandfather is not well, but I believe he would be able to provide me with much more information to fill in the gaps.

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 1:58AM GMT
I forgot to include that Ojcieo Antoni Budzejko was born in 1867 and died in 1930 and was married to Matka Maryanna (1881-1951).

Re: Budzejko Family

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 2:22PM GMT
OJCIEC (correct spelling) = FATHER
MATKA = MOTHER
Looks like your info may have been transcribed from their gravestone. This is fairly common on older Polish-American gravestones.

Posted: 8 Jul 2010 4:03AM GMT
Thank you for the reply. Yes, this is the same Antoni Budzejko, my uncle who left Poland for America circa 1895.
If you know anything else of his life, please write back.

Posted: 8 Jul 2010 4:13AM GMT
Yes, this is the same Anthony Budzejko. We are related. I have the details of his entire family, but must first look up into my archives. Let you know more soon. Richard

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 10:29AM GMT
Hi Jeniffer,
Sorry for the long pause. Getting back to Antoni Budzejko, from Kulpmont, PA. He is my great, great, great uncle, son of Wincenty Budzejko from a village of Adamowizna (near Suwalki) north-east Poland. The change of name to Bojako is a natural thing, as Bojako in English sounds very close to Budzejko i Polish. I had to change it too.
Antoni Budzejko had 5 children: Edward (1899,lived and worked for Internal Revenue in Washington DC),Natalia (1901), Josephine (1902 - 1997, marrried Joseph Zinda), Thomas (1904), John (1906), Anthony (1908), Alexander (1910?) This is according to the US Census from 1910.
Antoni Budzejko had 2 brothers and 5 sisters in Poland.

Posted: 21 Nov 2013 2:47PM GMT
I have a Mary Ann Budzejko who married Teofil Sawicki. I am not sure they ever left Poland, but some of their chldren lived in Kulpmont, PA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions