Search for content in message boards

Elsie Jane SPENCER born abt 1832 in Norfolk County, marr Arthur W HIGGINS 1850

Elsie Jane SPENCER born abt 1832 in Norfolk County, marr Arthur W HIGGINS 1850

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPENCER HIGGINS
Elsie Jane SPENCER married Arthur Wellington HIGGINS Jun 17 1850 in Talbot District.

Arthur died 1897 in Walsingham Twp and it appears as though Elsie died 1910 in Port Rowan, Norfolk.

Who were Elsie's parents? I am trying to do a family tree for a friend and need this info in order to continue!

Thanks!

Re: Elsie Jane SPENCER born abt 1832 in Norfolk County, marr Arthur W HIGGINS 1850

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 12:31PM GMT
I found an obituary for Elsie. I can either email it to you or snail mail it to you. It says she died at her grandsons Mr James Hazen, was the aunt ofC B DeWitt & Charles Spencer of this village(Pt Rowan)she was born at pt Royal. burial Mount Pleasant cemetery Walsingham Center. Angie

Re: Elsie Jane SPENCER born abt 1832 in Norfolk County, marr Arthur W HIGGINS 1850

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 5:05PM GMT
Does the obituary mention who her parents were?? That's what I really need :)

You can email it to me at this address -
familyDOTtreesATyahooDOTca

Many thanks!

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 6:58PM GMT
Sorry the obit does not give parents only she was born in Port Royal & grew up there. You would have to follow the other siblings and hope one of their obits gave the info or one of them married twice. There are a few wills at the archives in Simcoe that may help but I will not be in for at least a week.
Angie
Ps I did check the death registration but it did not mention parents and I do not have early assessments for Walsingham. And the 1828 military did not list a Spencer.
the email did not work mine is white@flarenet.com

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 10:50PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2012 10:54PM GMT
Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned to remove the capitalized words --- I hesitate writing it out properly as I've been deluged by spam before :)

I just send you an email ...

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions