Search for content in message boards

George Cartwright (1849 - 1928) - Need Obit

George Cartwright (1849 - 1928) - Need Obit

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cartwright Kelly
I'm looking for an obituary for a George Cartwright who was born on 24 Feb 1849 in Davison, Genesee, Michigan and who died on 01 Sep 1928 in Pocatello, Bannock, Idaho. He was a pioneer who lived in Shafer Creek, Horseshoe Bend, Idaho for most of his life. His wife was Sarah Kelly (died in 1919) and he had two sons - Artemus and Calvin (he also had a daughter Georgie who died in 1902).

Re: George Cartwright (1849 - 1928) - Need Obit

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: cartwright-kelly
Rodney
i have obit for george and sarah would like to make contact with u my great grandma would be Isabella sister to Sarah--my computer is old and i can not send a copy of obit but can send high lights---deb starr
starrd@secure.fsr.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Cartwright
I am not related but did find this for you:
Idaho Statesman, Boise, Idaho, Fri. Feb 21 1902 page 6
Death of the Only Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Cartwright
Georgie, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Cartwright of Shafer creek, died at the Weiser academy last evening. She was 16 years of age.
The cause of death was bilious fever. The parents were sent for some days ago, but when they reached Boise they were notified that their daughter was so much better that it would not be necessary for them to come. They went home, and yesterday Mrs. Cartwright came back, intending to go to Weiser on last night's train to be with her daughter. Before train time the news came that the sufferer was dead. The remains will be brought back to Boise today.

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 4:14PM GMT
thank you for the information!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions