Search for content in message boards

Price, Skinner, Griffith, Butler

Price, Skinner, Griffith, Butler

Posted: 30 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Price, Skinner, Griffith, Butler
I am searching for siblings of Dudley Price b. 12/2/1842 in Jennings County to Lewis and Mariah Griffith Price. In the 1850 IN census the children were Elizabeth, Susan, Mary E., Emily, Benj, Franklin, Aliasha, Dudley and Cassander. Lewis was not listed in that census, I am assuming he had died. Mariah later married a Skinner and had a son named Albert. Would like any info on Albert or his family.

By the 1860 census Dudley age 17, was living with a John Butler family in Decatur County. I am not sure if his family moved there too.

Dudley and a Franklin (not sure if it was his brother)both enlisted in the Civil War on Oct. 20, 1861 to Co. E 37th Reg. and both discharged on Mar. 27, 1864 in Indianapolis.

Any information about Dudley brothers and sisters would be appreciated. Carol

PRICE,SKINNER,GRIFFITH,BUTLER

Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: NEAL, PRICE, GRIFFITH, BUTLER
William NEAL married Mary"Polly" PRICE 1809 in Shelby Co.,KY
Mary's father was Frederick PRICE and mother, Anna WHITESIDE.
Doras NEAL son of Wm. married Eliza BUTLER,Emily BUTLER,and then Nancy
BUTLER CAMPBELL.
John BUTLER, the one in Decatur Co. married Bathsheba GRIFFITH. Thus the connection between the BUTLERS and the
GRIFFITHS.
I believe Lewis PRICE was a brother to Mary PRICE NEAL.

Re: Price, Skinner, Griffith, Butler

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 12:10PM GMT
I have since found Benj. He died in IL. I believe I found something about Elizabeth. She was married to George Skinner. They had a son Arthur born in Madison, Jefferson County, IN in 1862. I am still looking for the other siblings.

Arlie Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2005 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Tungett, Phillips, Skinner, Clark
I had a great-grandmother named Eva Skinner. She was born about 1868. I know her father was in the Civil War. Otherwise I don't know anything about her parents. Could she be related to George Skinner?

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 2:46AM GMT
My great grandfather Jabez Skinner had a sister Eva b 1868.
Their parents were Stephen P. Skinner and Ellen M. Brown. Stephen was a civil war pensioner. They lived in Jennings County, Indiana. I still compiling info but do have quite a bit on Stephen. Let me know if you want anything more. WARNING!! THERE ARE 3 STEPHEN P. SKINNERS. All were born about the same time and all lived in or near Vernon,Indiana.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Tungeitt, Phillips
My great-grandmother, Eva Skinner, married David Tungeitt (he was several years younger). Their only child Suzie Belle (went by "Belle") was born in 1902 and died in 2000. Belle married Arlie Phillips (1900-1983, son of John Phillips, Queensville, IN)in 1920. Their children were Arlene, Cecil (my father), and Arlie Jr.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 9:55PM GMT
Eva's father was Stephen Park(e?) Skinner b.Mar 1827 d. 29 Jan 1911. Eva's mother was Ellen M. Brown b.1835 they married in Bartholomew Co. 29 Sep 1852. Ellen by one census was born in Pa. but others say Indiana. In 1850 she doesn't appear in any Indiana census. There are 3 who match her in the 1850 census in Philadelphia alone. Ellen disappears after the 1880 census. Haven't been able to find any death records or grave postings. There was a Jacob Brown who did sign the marriage voucher for Ellen but wasn't listed as her father. Assumed he is kin but can't find any of his ancestors. Stephen's father was Daniel Skinner b. 1790(Vt.) and died 1850 Indiana. Stephen's father was Malinda Martin b. 1800(NY) she was married 17 Dec 1823(Jennings Co). Her death eludes me. Stephen's father was Zachariah but I am relying on others' trees for his info. Do have several records for the rest of the family. Most are posted in my online tree. If you want anytning more my email is hometown@midrivers.com.
Terry

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 10:06PM GMT
Forgot to mention I have Eva marrying David Tungate, together they had 2 children. Herman b. abt 1898 and Susan B. b. abt 1903. Think we have a match.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions