Search for content in message boards

Richard Kennedy

Richard Kennedy

Sue Lindsey (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2002 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KENNEDY - GRAHAM
Looking for info about Richard Kennedy b- 1700s d- before 1841, mar- Mary Graham- children- Jane, John, Katherine, Joseph, James Graham, Mary, Eliza and William. Richard was the son of John Kennedy (mother unknown). John's children were- Richard, Thomas, Isabella, John, William, Ann and Margaret. The father John d-1810. Would like any info about this family. They were found in Cumberland, Perry and Juniata Counties. Please e-mail me at sugeo73@aol.com.

Re: Richard Kennedy

Posted: 9 Nov 2007 12:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy, Graham, Stager, Seely
Dear Sue,
I just found the query you wrote on Rootsweb back in 2002.
I am a descendant of Elizabeth JANE Kennedy, d/o Richard and Mary Graham Kennedy of Juniata Co, PA. Elizabeth JANE married John Stager in 1823 in Juniata Co. and they had 6 children, 5 daughters and a son. My great grandmother, Sarah ELLEN was their fifth daughter. Son William was born about 1839 or 1840, probably in Van Wert Co., OH. Both parents died about 1845 and Ellen and William were appointed guardians, being John and Elizabeth Janes oldest daughter, Mary (Orlando) Tippie of Auglaize Co., OH. Ellen later lived with an aunt(?) and they moved to DeKalb Co., IN. Ellen married my great grandfather, William Seely, in 1863 in Ft Wayne, but they lived near Newville, DeKalb Co., IN. They had 5 children, four daughters and a son, John Seely, John being my grandfather. Son John had his mothers red hair!
I know very little (except the above information) on the Stager family, which I found in a book at the local library. I haven't seen that book since I found the information. Someone may have "borrowed" it.
Just wanted to let you know that I do have some information on the Stager family. Elizabeth Jane Kennedy Stagers mother Mary Kennedy died in Salem Twp., Auglaize Co., OH, (at that time it was Mercer Co.)sometime after 1850 as she appears with granddaughter Ellen and grandson William Stager in the 1850 census, living with Philip and Eliza Kennedy Lawrence. Philip and Eliza were married in the county where I live in Ohio. Mary is probably buried in the Salem Church Cemetery near Kossuth in Auglaize Co.
Kaye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions