Search for content in message boards

Priscilla Mullens Alden

Priscilla Mullens Alden

Peggie Schlicht (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for family members with connections to Alden. I have a book that was written byMary Chandler Lowell entitled "Old Foxcroft, Maine. It is a record of all families, including the Aldens and Mullens. My maiden name was Schwieger and the name Samuel Poole Chandler is also in this book. My side of the family settled in Belle Creek, MN where Sauel became a Pastor in the St. Pauls Episcopal Church. The church still stands with the cemetery and a family member is restoring the property including an old school that the pastor had started. Anyh information would be appreciated. Peg

Re: Priscilla Mullens Alden

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Alden/Mullins-GILES
I am also of Alden/Mullins descent, starting from the family called "GILES". I don't have much info. yet, (just beginning), but I do have some info from Rebecca Alden to Alice -- and William Mullins. If you have any info, please contact me. I will do the same. Grateful for any names or info. Thank you.

Peggie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 11:20PM GMT
I have a book written by a relative of mine entitled"Old Foxcroft" that tells the story of the people of Foxcroft ,Me. It is like a family tree. Names are Hallet, Mullens, Chanler. The Author is Mary Chandler Lowell, M.D., J.D. It was copyrighted in 1935. It goes back to my family who came over from England. Let me know what you find out. Peggie

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: ALDEN,STANDISH,CHANDLER, SYMMONS,HUNT,DELANO.SAMPSON
I go back to John and Priscilla (Mullins),Alden whose daughter Sarah ( I recall) married Alexander Standish, son of Myles and Barbara Standish, along this line as it merges with the Chandler, Symmons, Sampson, Hunt, Delano and Phillips families as well as other early Massachusetts settlers. I have a rather extensive library of the early settlers and if you need information I might have, please let me know.
Barbara Young

Peggie Schlicht (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 10:57PM GMT
I would appreciate any information you have. I know this goes way back and there are many generations to look at. I have a book written by a relative by the name of Mary Chandler Lowell in which she has done research on families that settled in the Foxcroft area of Maine. the book is called "Old Foxcroft". This is where she traces our family back to the Aldens. It starts with a Edmond Chandler born in London England, 1588. It traces their family to America. The name Halet or Hallet comes up along with Sprague, Turner, Poole. Let me know where I can do reseasrch on this. We also have family members who fought in the Revolutionary war. Thanks, Peggie

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: ALDEN,CHANDLER
Hi Peggie,

Boy! did I ever goof! I just finished writing you a nice long letter and I think I deleted it ! I meant to minimize it and add more but it disappeared <grin>

In case it did get sent, I will wait for a reply from you- if not I will write it again.

I have lots of local history books, one is a biography of John Alden by Dorothy Wentworth who was the Duxbury Town Historian for many years so I can get quite a bit of information from that. Here is a web site where you can get started but it is for members of Ancestry :http://www.ancestry.com/rd/prodredir.asp?sourceid=831&ke...

If you aren't a member I can excerpt some things from it for it.

The lost email had 8 generations of Chandler's with the children and some marriages. I also have most of the birth dates, some marriage and death dates. I had not pursued some of them as they were not relevent to my search. I noted that Edmond, Jonathan and Zachariah, three of the 10 children of Joseph and Martha (Hunt) Chandler went to Maine. Zachariah to N.Falmouth Maine. Peleg, or his brother, Nathan,the sons of their brother, Phillip and Rebecca (Phillips)Chandler also went to N Yarmouth ,Maine. Since all of them were born in the early to mid 1700's. Maine was part of Massachusetts. It became a state in 1825 (as I recall)

Please excuse the confusion
Waiting to hear from you ..
Barbara

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: ALDEN,HALLETT
Hi Peggie,

I was just looking through some ALDEN information and came across this :

Joanthan Alden son of John and Priscilla (Mullins) born abt 1632 in Duxbury married Abigail Hallett Dec 10, 1672.

Barbara

Peggie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 3:00AM GMT
I wish there were some way I could send this chapter to you. I am going to just pick out the details they do mesh with yours. "Edmund Chandler b.p. Duxbury Mass. in 1672 . 1694 married Elizabeth dau. of Jonathon and Abigail Halet or Hallet Alden of Duxbury (Grand dau. of John and Priscilla (Mullens) Alden) Edmund d. in Duxbury early 1721. Eliz. d. 1733. I have Packards Spragues . There is an Ichabod . My maiden name was Schwieger. The Schwiegers settled in Belle Creek MN where my grandfather was born.
There was a church, St. Pauls Episcapol that he was Pastor of during this time. He also started a school because between two families there were I think, thirteen children. The church and the graveyard are still there and the property was purchased by another relative, Orland Chandler. He is restoring the church which took quite a beating during the "hippy " years. They even built a fire in the sanctuary so it needed a lot of work. There was at one time a Baptismal Font which was stole and some of the pews are being found here and there. It is a small wooden structure high up on a hill. The cemetary is really something. I think there are Chandlers and for sure Schwiegers. My father remembers as a child going back there for reunions. Orland Chandler has lot's of information on history of the church and school. This is fun. Please send more. Where are you from? I am in Minnetonka, MN, a suburb of the Twin Cities. Peggie

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: ALDEN,CHANDLER,HALLETT
Hi Peggie,
It is fun, isn't it !!!! <grin>
I branch off the Alden's with Sarah Alden, Jonathan's sister. She married Alexander Standish, son of Myles and Barbara Standish. I think it is going to link up with the Alden's again with the Symmons(Simmons) or Sampson's.
You cannot believe how much stuff I have ! The other day I was working on genealogy and came to the conclusion that I need a LARGE room with a huge library table in the middle, with a large desks with a computers, book cases, file cabinets etc around the walls - one for each family I get invovled in plus a couple for general information and odds and ends.
So you don't get mixed up with generations, the original Edmond Chandler's children were born in England or Leyden. I got messed up with that.
Edmond, who married Elizabeth Alden was the son of Joseph and Mercy (unknown surname) who was the son of the original, to this country, Edmond by his second wife.other children of the original Edmond were Benjamin,John,Sarah,Anna,Mary,Ruth by his 2nd wife and
Samuel and Lydia by his 1st wife
Benjamin married Elizabeth Buck.
Your Edmond and Elizabeth (Alden) had a daughter, Mercy, who maried Josiah Bartlett 3 Jan 1774 in Marshfield, MA which is the town immediately to the north of Duxbury (Ducksborough and other spellings).
The original Edmond left Leyden and it is believed he was with the last members of that contingent to leave Holland. He first lived in Plymouth and then moved to Duxbury. He was a sayweaver, draper, pipemaker in Leyden.
I don't know if you are responding to my long letter or to the second one I sent - I have no idea what happened to the first<grin> I clicked something wrong and can't find it - I may have deleted it :(
Tomorrow I will look up more on these. I live on Cape Cod ,Massachusetts. Plymouth is just north of here. I grew up in Duxbury so know it well. My grandmother was a Chandler and there was a continuous line of Chandler's there from the time of the original Edmond.
It is interesting that you are in the Twin City area as I am researching the brother of my other grandmother who lived in Minneapolis and died in 1933. After years of searching, I just received that information about a week ago so I have been doubly blessed recently with news from both grandmother's families !
Please let me know if you received both posts
Barbara

Peggie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 11:08AM GMT
I received you letter, the one stating you live on Cape Cod. My Uncle and Aunt, who have since passed on, lived on the cape before moving to Michigan. He was a Professor at Worcester Polytech Institue for many years and lived in Worcester. They had no children but were very active in charitable doings in their younger years. His name was Albert Schwieger. I can't remember the name of the town but I know it was close to Hyannis Port. I wish I could find Orland Chandlers E-mail because he has done extensive research on the Chandler side. Please give me the names of the books or the reference material you are using. Years ago we went to the Church of Latter Day Saints and picked up info, not much different than what I have in my book. Thanks again and keep the letters coming. I love the Boston area, my husband and I lived in Maine the first three years of our marriage. He was at Loring AFB. My grandaughter and I were in Boston last spring to do some historical sight seeing. The last day before we left we drove down to the Cape. Hope to hear more from you, Peg
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions