Search for content in message boards

BRYANTs from Boconnoc, Cornwall 1800-1870

BRYANTs from Boconnoc, Cornwall 1800-1870

Posted: 12 Jan 2003 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 11:17AM GMT
Surnames: Bryant, Barrett, Billing, Hawken, Lane, Lean, Tom
Does anyone else have links back to the Bryants from Boconnoc, Cornwall. I'm a descendant from Walter who came to Australia in 1841, and I know some other family went to America.
Selwyn

Re: BRYANTs from Boconnoc, Cornwall 1800-1870

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Walter Bryant
Hi Selwyn
Thank god Ive found you. I have a copy of the family book Walter and Mary Bryant, as my Husband appears on page 56, he is Kevin Bryant from Walter Bryant and Daphne Dowd.
Anyway I have found quite a few updates on some info in the book. I tried to contact Val Bryant from Cowra yesterday and was imformed she has passed away. So I rang Helen Ousby also in Cowra yesterday to ask if anyone is keeping the records upto date and she was unaware of anyone doing this.
I would love to swap the updates I have and I do believe Helen has updates too.
Would love to hear from you.
Sandra Bryant
Canowindra NSW Aust.
email; san.b64@bigpond.net.au

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 11:36PM GMT
Hello Selwyn,
We met at a Bryant Family Reunion in Cowra NSW back prob in the early 1990s. I don't know whether there might be further information on our illustrative families. I am descended from Richard and Sidwell Bryant.
I do have Wills of Walter Bryant 1771-1854 and of his father Thomas Bryant 1730-1813. Also photographs of the headstones in the Boconnoc Parish churchyard.
Wouls like to make contact again.
Regards .... Vic DOUGLAS-MAKE

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 2:52AM GMT
Hi Vic
I have been communicating with Selwyn re Bryant family history, as my Husband is from the same Bryants.
In relation to Thomas Bryant b1730 and Ann Gilbert b 1736, where you aware that there eldest son William, arrived in Australia on the first fleet is quite famous with his wife Mary Broad ?
William was not listed in the white Bryant book, his parents and siblings are listed in Chart 4, at the front of the white book. Do you have a copy of the white Bryant book ??
Also, there is another convict who arrived in Australia in the three fleet, Charles Wayland, mispelt from Whalan.
Would love to see photos and I imagine the wills would be interesting too.
Regards,
Sandra Bryant
Australia.

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2011 7:56PM GMT
helloI am Jerald Bryant, William Pyne Bryant is my great great grandfather. He came to Illinois from England in 1870. I would love to know more about the Bryant family from England I know relatively little about why he came to America or the area of England he was from. Some have told me the family worked at bocconoc does anyone know what they did. My grandfather Jesse had a dairy farm in Iowa and my father Byron was also a dairy farmer. I am a Dentist in Tennessee.

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 7:55PM GMT
helloI am Jerald Bryant William Pyne Bryant is my great great grandfather he came to Illinois from England in 1870. I would love to know more about the Bryant family from England I know relatively little about why he came to America or the area of England he was from. Some have told me the family worked at bocconoc does anyone know what they did. My grandfather Jesse had a dairy farm in Iowa and my father Byron was also a dairy farmer. I am a Dentist in Tennessee.

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 10:25PM GMT
Hi Jerald
Greetings from north Queensland, Australia.
My imaginary picture of Boconnoc in Cornwall is of a manor house surrounded by a hamlet (group of workers' cottages) and then agricultural lands.
The Bryants were workers, mostly agricultural, but a few like William's father had other occupations.
William's father was Samuel Bryant and his mother was Grace Pyne. The family was living at Ford Hamlet and William was working as a agricultural labourer at or near Boconnoc up until the time he emigrated.
Another family researcher kindly sent me some photos of Boconnoc and I can also send you a bit of other stuff if you want to contact me at selhawken@yahoo.com.au
Regards
Selwyn Hawken

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 3:27AM GMT
Yes I would like to get any photos of the area I have 4 children and travel is difficult but I would like to know as much as I can to pass on to my kids. My father and grandfather were very quiet about our family. I know my grandfather Jessie was born in 1900 and lived most of his life in Iowa. He spent a couple of summers in wyoming as a teen as a cowboy. He went to Iowa State for a couple of semesters but never got a degree. My dad was very passionate about Holstein cattle, he could quote pedigrees for 10 generations but told me nothing about our family. Anything you could tell me is very appreciated I Love History and would love to get info of our family.

Thanks, Jerald A Bryant
609 n washington ave
Cookeville Tn 38501
www.jeraldandtonya@yahoo.com" target="_blank">www.jeraldandtonya@yahoo.com
www.cookevillesmiles.com

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 3:27AM GMT
Yes I would like to get any photos of the area I have 4 children and travel is difficult but I would like to know as much as I can to pass on to my kids. My father and grandfather were very quiet about our family. I know my grandfather Jessie was born in 1900 and lived most of his life in Iowa. He spent a couple of summers in wyoming as a teen as a cowboy. He went to Iowa State for a couple of semesters but never got a degree. My dad was very passionate about Holstein cattle, he could quote pedigrees for 10 generations but told me nothing about our family. Anything you could tell me is very appreciated I Love History and would love to get info of our family.

Thanks, Jerald A Bryant
609 n washington ave
Cookeville Tn 38501
www.jeraldandtonya@yahoo.com" target="_blank">www.jeraldandtonya@yahoo.com
www.cookevillesmiles.com

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 12:04AM GMT
Hi Jerald
I have been researching the Bryant family tree for some time now, but mostly the descendents that came to Australia, but I would be happy to try to fill in the family gaps for you. Could you please advise your ancestors names, birth dates and approximately when they immigrated to the USA from England??
Regards,
Sandra.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions