Search for content in message boards

Michael McDonald

Michael McDonald

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald, McMicking, McMeehan, McMullen
Re: Michael McDonald (1812-1889) m Margaret McMicking (1820-1914) and his brother Andrew (1810-1872) m Mary Ann McMicking. According to a family account, the McDonald brothers were from Castleblaney, Co Monaghan, Ireland and came to Norfolk Co by way of Baltimore in 1837. Michael and Margaret farmer at Windham & were closely associated with the RC church there. In 1881 they were living in Dunnville with their son Andrew who moved to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan in 1895. They then lived in Stayner where they died and are buried at St. Patrick’s cemetery. Their children are: Mary Ann, John, Martina, Ellen, Andrew, Catherine & Elizabeth.
Andrew and Mary Ann’s children are: Alice, Catherine, Margaret, Ellen, Mary Jane, James, Ann Augusta, Michael, Thomas & Josephine.
Mary Ann and Margaret were sisters. Their mother was Catherine Wood. Spelling of their surname varies wildly: McMicking, McMickhing, McMullen, McMeegan, McMeehan. This family is said to be from Co. Cavan, Ireland. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Michael McDonald

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: McMicken, Mcdonald McCauley
Hello, I may be able to help you out. It is roumoured that
Michael and his 2 brothers (Andrew and I will have to look up the other One) are brothers of our Gr.Gr. Grandmother Nancy (ann) McCauley (McDonald-McDonnell). We have not made that connection. I have some information and will have to dig it out. please e-mail me direct and I will prepare what information I have and perhaps we can make the connection. I have some of the records for the Mcdonalds. They are one of the first settlers of Norfolk
Thank You Colleen dcverbuy@sympatico.ca

Re: Michael McDonald

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 12:16PM GMT
I see there are a number of the children's marriages in Bills Yeagers book. email me & I will send what you would like on to you Angie white@flarenet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions