Search for content in message boards

My surnames in my family tree

Names

Sandy Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I have Mancek, and Kriznik(yours may be a variation)in my family tree . . . from Planina pri Sevnici.

My surnames in my family tree

Carole (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adamic, Alic, Arer, Avgustin, Azbe, Babnik, Belec, Benedicic, Bercic, Bernard, Bernik, Bertoncel, Bobnar, Bogataj, Bratkovic, Breceljnik, Brence, Brodar, Bukovsek, Burger, Carman, Cegnar, Cof, Debelak, Debeljak, Demsar, Dolenc, Dolgan, Dolinar, Drnovsek, Epih, Erbeznik, Erzen, Fajfar, Ferlic, Fik, Finc, Fojkar, Frlic, Golar, Golob, Gregorc, Habjan, Hafner, Hartman, Homan, Hostnik, Hribar, Inglic, Jamnik, Jarc, Jenko, Jost, Jugovic, Kaiser, Kajzer, Kalan, Karlin, Kasman, Kavcic, Kermel, Kermelj, Kinh, Kinih, Klavzar, Klobovs, Knific, Kokalj, Kokol, Komatar, Kopas, Kosenina, Kozel, Krajnik, Kratner, Kregelj, Krek, Krizaj, Krizj, Kriznar, Kropic, Krzisnik, Kunstel, Kuralt, Leskovec, Logondor, Lusina, Luzan, Macek, Mahovne, Malovrh, Martinjak, Masterle, Mazi, Miklavc, Mohoric, Mueller, Novak, Novinc, Oblak, Okom, Oman, Omejc, Orazem, Osredkar, Pavlic, Peterman, Pikelj, Pimovar, Pivk, Planina, Podvis, Pogacar, Pokom, Polanc, Porenta, Potocnik, Presem, Prevodnik, Prezelj, Proj, Pusar, Rakovec, Rant, Ravnikar, Rejc, Rozman, Rupar, Saje, Sajovic, Schiffrer, Sencar, Sesek, Sicherl, Sifrer, Siherle, Simcic, Simonic, Sluga, Smith, Sorcan, Stanonik, Stanovnik, Stare, Starman, Stempihar, Stroi, Stroj, Sturm, Subic, Susnik, Sustar, Svoljsak, Svolsak, Tavcar, Ticar, Tomsic, Toplak, Traven, Triler, Udir, Vavpetic, Beber, Bercic, Vidic, Vidmar, Vilfan, Vodnik, Vojkoviae, Volcic, Volhar, Zakotnik, Zakrejsek, Zargar, Zelenc, Zerovnik, Zibert, Ziherl, Zontar, Zorga, Zorman, Zupan

I am researching my mother's side of family, Hafner and Krizaj. The list of names are the surnames I have in my family tree. Always looking for more information and willing to share information.

Contact me by posting or by e-mail at:
HafnerHunt@aol.com or Hock326@aol.com

responding

Christine Jarc (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jarc, Babich, Galob
Searching info on Frank Jarc (grnadfather) from Slovenia 1920 to Pueblo CO.
Babich, Male, Austrian Army officer, 1914 from Ljubliana on the Martha Washington, ticket # 2353 or30221 thought to be with Jennie Galob (Golob), with whom he had a child (my Auntie) in Slovenia.

responding

Frank Kur (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT

Not researching your surnames.
Just answer queries whenever.

26 surname Jarc listed in SSDI.

The Cleveland, OH area had the largest concentration of Slovenes
outside of the capital city of Ljubljana, Slovenia.

584 surname Babich listed in SSDI.

WWI began in August 1914.
He would have had to return to Slovenia or be a deserter ?

Then who was Jennie Jarc (1891-1966) Pueblo, CO ?

If you have ticket have you checked Passenger List for NYC port of entry for date of arrival and 30 questions ?

MARTHA WASHINGTON
The "Martha Washington" was built by Russell & Co, Port Glasgow (engines by Rankin & Blackmore,
Greenock)in 1907 for the Austrian company, Unione Austriaca. She was a 8,145 gross ton ship, length 460ft
x beam 56ft, two funnels, two masts, twin screw and a speed of 16 knots. There was accommodation for
60-1st, 130-2nd and 2,000-3rd class passengers. Launched on 7/12/1907, she sailed from Glasgow on her
maiden voyage to New York in ballast on 16/4/1908. On 23/5/1908 she commenced her first passenger
voyage from Trieste to Patras, Palermo and New York and on 18/7/1914 commenced her last voyage on
this service, arriving in New York on 1st August. She then took refuge in New York and in April 1917 she
was seized by the US authorities. In 1922 she went to Cosulich Line of Italy and started her first sailing
from New York to Algiers, Venice and Trieste on 15/12/1922, and on 27/6/1923 commenced her first
voyage from Trieste to Naples, Algiers and New York. She made her last Trieste - Naples - Boston - new
York crossing in September 1927 and subsequently ran to South America. In 1933 she want to Lloyd
Triestino and was renamed "Tel Aviv", and in 1934 was scrapped at Trieste. [North Atlantic Seaway by
N.R.P. Bonsor, Vol.3,p.1331] [Posted to The ShipsList by Ted Finch - 21 December 1997]

Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2002 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Tomens
Researching Johanna Tomens, Horjul, Slovenia; died in childbirth, having had several sets of twins and single births, total, possibly of 17 children. Had married into the Korencan family. Date of death, possibly: Aug 12, 1895. Possible variation of surname: Tomnc. She would be my greatgrandmother. Thanks, Email bsoren@iline.com

OBLAK

Gerhard Burian (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OBLAK, KETTE, SIMON, USIDEK
I am searching for Gertrud Oblak born around 1840, who was married to Josef Kette and lived in Vrhnika. Does that fit to your database?
Gerhard

Tomens

Frank Kur (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Horjul is located 10 miles West of Ljbuljana.

One surname Tomens listed in SSDI.
The surname is not Slovene with this spelling ?
German or Austrian ?

PETER TOMENS 31 May 1890 - Nov 1971
11050 (Port Washington, Nassau, NY)
089-09-5553
New York
(Before 1951)

27 surname Korenc^an listed in Slovenian telephone directory
under Ljubljana.

The LDS-Mormons have filmed the parish records at the
Croatian State Archives (and some vital records in Slovenia)

Surname Saje

Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Samide, Spreitzer, Rothel, Luzar
Looking for anyone with a connection between the surnames I have listed and the surname Saje, originally mentioned in my family as a cousin to my grandfather Samide.
Thanks

HRIBAR and GREGORC

Posted: 16 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2001 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: HRIBAR, GREGORC
I was interested to compare note and to know where your HRIBAR AND GREGORC are from . My grandparents by that last name I have searched for for nearly 30 years and I have finally had to hire someone in Slovenia to help me . It looks asif they might be from the Novo Mesto area and possibly from Trebenon areas. Please contact me at the e-mail address. I am from Washington State.
Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2001 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hribar, Gregorcic, Krampel, Kochar, Kadunc, Jamnik, Stibernik, Metelko, Pohe
Have a gr. Uncle named Peter HRIBAR from Smarjeta, Novo Mesto south Slovenia Please reply to mhsmith@foxinternet.net
searching
Krompel, Krampel, Kadunc, Kochar, Jamnik, Stibernik, Metelko, Sapor, Pohe,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions