Search for content in message boards

Forsyth and Atkinson in Walpole Township

Forsyth and Atkinson in Walpole Township

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: Forsyth, Atkinson, Hipson, Long
My ggrandparents were James FORSYTH born 1835 , Walpole Township (son of Daniel Forsyth and Mariah HIPSON)and Fannie Jane ATKINSON born 1848 Walpole Township (daughter of Robert Atkinson and Mary LONG).James died 1895, and Fannie in 1932. Both are buried in the Old Baptist Cemetery in Cheapside,Ontario . Anyone researching these families?

Forsyth and Colter marriage

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Forsyth
Lee, i believe that Jane was James first wife. After her death, he married my ggrandmother Fannie Atkinson. But thank you ,i was not certain of her first name. Every little bit helps.

Best regards,

Margaret.
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2001 6:28PM GMT
Margaret, The Forsyth lines have been pretty well documented before. My connection to the Forsyth's is thru my main name SITTER....they connect several times down thru the ages.....as to your enquiry....here is what I have in my file at the moment....he checks out , she does not....may be another marriage...most of my research is in the Haldimand Co. area with the many Germanic names that settled there...hope this helps out. Lee Burke

James Francis Forsyth b: August 12, 1835 d:december 6, 1895 in Cheapside, Walpole Twp.,ON married Jane Colter b: June 1, 1835, married 1855 d: January 15, 1871

atkinsons of consession 3 walpole

roy atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: atkinson
I am the grand son of Mary wardall and clayton steele atkinson. my great grand father was robert nelson atkinson and gggrandfather was robert atkinson his wife was elzabeth long,this is all I know do you have any mare information that would be useful to me thank you roy atkinson

Hipson, Nancy

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2002 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Hipson
I am looking for an ancester, great-greatgranmother, Nancy Hipson, who married a Whitman Goodwin in i do not know what year(he was born in 14 feb 1825.thay dad 2 children, 1st Henrietta b1849 and mary Francis b 1855( my gretagrandmother). There is no info that i have found yet about her, where she came from( i do believe it is in Ontario. her husband Whitman Goodwin came from and resided in Argyle, Yarmouth Nova Scotia. if this name sounds familiar or is connected to your family in any way I would love to hear from you. Thank you!
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HIPSON
Tami, did you check out familysearch.org? Your Nancy and Whitman are there. Nancy born circa 1825 Argyle Yarmouth.Also shows Whitmans mother as a Rebecca Hipson.
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HIPSON
Hi Tami,

I really don't know much about my Moriah(Maria) Hipson. I can't find a date or place of birth for her but probably circa 1812-1820 time frame. She probably is related somehow to your Nancy. There are apparently very few Hipsons. I have been in contact with other Hipson researchers, but no luck so far. If you would like their email addresses, email me at bruce.switzer@sympatico.ca.

Re: atkinsons of consession 3 walpole

Posted: 24 May 2010 8:17PM GMT
Robert Nelson Atkinson was the son of Robert Atkinson and Mary Long. Robert was the 8th of 10 children of Robert and Mary, he was born April 12 1858.
Roberts father Robert Atkinson was the son of William Atkinson and Asenath Morgenstern Bearss, the marriage to William Atkinson was Asenath's second, her first spouse Ephraim Bearss died in 1805 William and Asenath had 3 children, Thomas, Anne and Robert
Roberts spouse Mary Long was the daughter of David Long and Dorthy Dennis.
Send us your e mail address and we will gladly give you more information on the Atkinsons

Bill and Judy Harding hardingw2000@rogers.com

Re: Forsyth and Colter marriage

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 1:43AM GMT
James Francis Forsyth married Jane Colter 1855, married Fanny Jane Atkinson ?
Cannot confirm if Jane had any children.
Fanny's children are Effie, Nellie, Leah, Erie.
Can anyone confirm?? I also have a Gordon B. 1873-1937, my grandfather.

Re: Forsyth and Colter marriage

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 7:10PM GMT
Please email me at margswitzer@rogers.com.. Leah, Gordon B. sister was my grandmother.. I do have info.. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic