Search for content in message boards

burial place of Joseph Horie Williams, Civil War Vet.

burial place of Joseph Horie Williams, Civil War Vet.

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 11:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find the burial place of Joseph Horie Williams, Civil War Vet. of the 8th Battalion Partisan Rangers, my 6th great grandfather. He lived in Jones County 1840-1891. His son, which I come from Ebb H. Williams and family is in the pollocksville Cem. He has other children in the cedar grove cemetery in pollocksville. He married three times, a messer, a jones, and a banks. I come from the banks. It is said he died from complications from war injuries. He and family worked the Ravenwood plantation. Last I can find of him is the 1880 census living in pollocksville with family.

Re: burial place of Joseph Horie Williams, Civil War Vet.

Posted: 27 Oct 2013 7:35PM GMT
My husband is the great-grandson of Joseph Horie Williams, and his 3rd wife, Sibby Banks. My husband's grandfather was Eugene Harper Williams, Ebb's brother. We don't know where Joseph Horie was buried, but we're looking through our family records to see if it's mentioned. Feel free to contact us if you have other questions - we have a good amount of family history material.
Thanks, Pat

Re: burial place of Joseph Horie Williams, Civil War Vet.

Posted: 31 Oct 2013 11:08PM GMT
Hi Pat, yes me and your husband are very closely related. We might have even met at the reunion. I also come from Joseph and Sibby, and then Ebb and Beaulah, (can't remember spelling from memory). I come from Will Williams son Tommy. You might know "Aunt" Sue Ferguson from my line also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic