Search for content in message boards

Another Cousin of the Bible Family!

Another Cousin of the Bible Family!

Posted: 23 Dec 2002 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Siyo:

My name is Larry Collier. I started a geneology search of my families Cherokee heritage.
The search went well and along the way I discovered a connection to the Biebel family through John M. Bible born 1816, son of John Bible born 1767, son of Joh. (Hans) Adam Biebel born 2 April, 1728 in Goersdorf, Alsace.

John M. Bible married Susannah, the daughter of Cherokee George and Chow-E-You-Cah who are my Cherokee ancestors.

If anyone would like to see the lineage of this line, or use it to update their history, please feel free to contact me.

Privy@vigoris.net

Wado~
Larry Collier

Re: Another Cousin of the Bible Family!

Barbara Collier Rowden (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2004 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Collier, Bible, Jackson
Hi Larry. I saw your 12/02 posting. It appears we may be closer cousins that most. I am interested in your research, particularly the Collier line. My line: John M. Bible and Susannah (daughter of Cherokee George and Chow-E-You Cah), James Andrew Jackson & Susan Bible; Lydia "Lettie" Jackson & Samuel M. Collier; William E. Collier; me.

Myrl Walden (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2004 1:15AM GMT
I am your cousin also. Related through Sarah Jackson, Maggie Williams and Lizzie Bickford. Am interested in sharing information.

Posted: 27 Sep 2004 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2005 5:33AM GMT
Wow - it's been awhile since I checked this board!! Sorry about the delay.

I actually have no major additions to the tree although I have been slowly adding information to my line from Sarah Elizabeth Jackson > Jasper Newton Collier > William Albert Collier > me and mine.

However, as time permits I have gone to Lone Chapel Cemetery and photographed several headstones relating to decendants and ancestors. With those I have been able to accurately document name, dob & dod on several. I will gladly share any photo.

I downloaded the free version of Legacy and have all my documented information updated. Hopefully I will find time to put it online somewhere in the near future.

As a side note (in case someone isn't aware) Chow-E-You-Cah and Cherokee George were NOT their Cherokee names for two reasons!
One - there are no R's in the Cherokee language so even the word Cherokee is not Cherokee. There are different stories to how this word came about - but - tsalagi ( prounounced Sha-La-Gi) is the actual name.
Two - Chow-E-You-Cah is a phonetic spelling in English of how her name may have sounded to the person who spelled it for the first time. The ending (ah) is typical of the eastern Cherokee way to end any sentence and there are no capitols in the Cherokee language.

Holler when ya can!
Larry

PS - contact me anytime at my Yahoo address!
pervy2u@yahoo.com

Posted: 5 Dec 2014 10:17PM GMT
Hello!

I just stumbled upon this and I know I am an ancestor of Joh. (Hans) Adam Biebel from Alsace, and I would be very interested in seeing the Cherokee part. As a child my grandfather would tell me we were part Cherokee and I always thought he was pulling my leg!

Hopefully you find this!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic