Search for content in message boards

Cassidy's of Derry, Northern Ireland

Cassidy's of Derry, Northern Ireland

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:05PM GMT
Anyone have any connection to the Cassidy's of Northern Ireland. I believe the spouse would be a Kearney. These would be my ggrandparents. They were probably located around the Magherafelt area. Thanks

Re: Cassidy's of Derry, Northern Ireland

j.cassidy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
not sure about link.....my cassidy was from n. ireland and married an oneill (oneal)

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 12:41AM GMT
I have a great-grandmother Cassidy from No. Ireland. Her death records says she was from Limavady. Her name was Margaret Ann Elizabeth Cassidy. Married Ritchie Gallaher of Derry.

Kathleen Torkington (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Mulholland, McGettigan
My grandfather Patrick Cassidy came from Derry and married Rose Mulholland in Desertmartin in 1897. They then emigrated to Newcastle upon Tyne,England. Meanwhile his widowed mother emigrated with his sisters to Philadelphia,USA. I think the sisters were called Susan and Mary Jane. One of them was married to a McGettigan. Any help in tracing this family would be appreciated.

Rich (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Gallagher
I don't know if it is the same family. Could be. I have been unable to find any information on Margaret Ann Elizabeth Cassidy's ancestors.
She ultimately married Ritchie Gallagher. She was born Oct. 31, 1852 in Limavady; the family moved to Vancouver, Canada about 1909 or 1910. She died Dec. 21, 1928 in Vancouver.
They had six children: Joseph, born 1881; Francis, born 1883; Margaret, born 1884; Ritchie, born 1888; Martha, born 1892; Robert, born 1892; Frederick, born 1895; and Elizabeth.

Cassidy related (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 4:43PM GMT
I have a relative with that name her parents are John and Catherine

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 9:36AM GMT
was patrick cassidy born 19 apr 1909 and died 12/12/1991 inlsle of mann

if so emal me shanecassidt71@yahoo.com.au

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 9:37AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions