Search for content in message boards

Sprague Family Washington Co Maine

Sprague Family Washington Co Maine

Keith W Bettys (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2001 8:16AM GMT
Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone with information on this family. My wife is Lila Sprague born in 1940 in WA. Her father, Roy Frank Sprague, born 1910 in MT. His father, William Russell Sprague, born in 1877 in ME. His father, Hillman Lawrence Sprague born in 1852 in ME. His father, Joseph Thornton Sprague born in 1809 in ME. His father, Capt. Eli Sprague and His father, Abiel Sprague Jr

Sprague Family

Posted: 13 Apr 2001 8:46PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 4:57PM GMT
Keith Bettys,

e-mail me: whasty@aol.com

Warren H. Hasty

Re: Sprague Family Washington Co Maine

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Your Sprague clan goes back to Plymouth,MA in the 1600's.You can trace back to Francis Sprague.My family is also from Washington Co. Maine but ours go back to William Sprague of Hingham,MA also in the 1600's.These two lines are the major ones in the US and both go back to England.There are however Sprague lines that came through Canada,others that changed their name from Spragg too.Good luck! John

Posted: 28 Apr 2005 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Sprague, Long, Hager, Osborne, Davis,
Please contact me via email:

tilly83@cyberhikes.com

Thank you.

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 2:45PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 14 Jun 2013 3:20PM GMT

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 12:01AM GMT
I would like to know if there are cemeteries with headstones where the Spragues are buried in Calais/Machias Maine - if there are any.

Thanks

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Sprague
Sorry it took me so long to respond to your inquiry, tax time. Have you checked the Sprague database? It is www.sprague-database.org It is a very comprehensive website. I checked my program for cemetaries in Maine and I have a listing for one in Vermont with Some Sprague names, but nothing in Maine. I do have notations for some that were buried in Appleton, Maine. I checked the Sprague websit and they have a listing for a few buried in Wahington county in the Wesley? cemetary.

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 3:52PM GMT
Joseph Thornton Sprague was my g-g-g-grandfather; his daughter Sarah married John Mitchell, and their daughter Julia married Theophilus Ruel Brown. Their son Ruel Porter Brown was my grandfather.

If you still need info, please contact me by email (jbrown01@maine.rr.com)and I would be pleased to share what I have. Ironically, I found your inquiry while seeking the location of the cemetery in Vanceboro ME where Capt. Eli and Jane Livermore Sprague are reportedly buried.

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 1:49AM GMT
I also have been researching sprague in washington county maine and have a lot of information on the family going back to Abiel Sr. Abiel, Jr. by the way always went by Abiel - 2 and that is how he signed his name. I have hit a brick wall on the parentage of Abiel Sr. who was supposedly born in 1710 in Rochester MA. I have been told that the Alden Society disputes Dr. Sprague's assertion that Abiel was the son of Ruth Alden and Samuel Sprague. However, I have gone through all the Sprague families who were here at that time including the 3 brothers who came over later. No one mentions Abiel. I will be happy to share what I have for information. Joyce

Posted: 4 Jul 2011 7:10PM GMT
My Sprague family comes down from Abiel Sprague Sr to James who I believe is a brother to Abiel JR. From there to James JR, then James Noble Sprague, to Melissa Sprague who married Daniel Proctor, to James Everett Proctor my grandfather on my mother's side.

Lois Ingalls Sprgue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic