Search for content in message boards

Fielding Sudduth

Fielding Sudduth

Posted: 26 Aug 2009 6:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the Sudduth line that is now in Pontotoc MS. So far, I have traced all the way up to John Fielding Sudduth; however, I can not get any further.

Fielding was born in VA in 1785, married to Rachel McMakin, and died in Greenville, SC in 1863.

Some people suggest that Fielding's father is Rubin (or Ruben); however I can not find evidence of this individual. Does anyone know more about this line?

Re: Fielding Sudduth

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 12:48AM GMT
Hi, Fielding Sudduth was my great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Somewhere along my research I have his fathers name as Jacob Sudduth but have not actually been able to prove this. Fielding and Rachel are buried at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Greer, SC. I have been there and have pictures of cemetery. If I remember right Rubin is Fieldings Brother. He also had a brother named Lewis. If I can be of any other help please feel free to email me at acooley6@charter.net

Amy Cooley

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 11:46PM GMT
A letter from Peter Carr Sudduth, Jr. to John M. Sudduth in September 1926 mentioned that "great granddad's name was Reuben Redmon" ...no mention of Sudduth in the last name, just Reuben Redmon. Do you have a copy of the letter???

Peter Carr Sudduth, Jr. is the grandson of Fielding.

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 1:59AM GMT
Sorry, I dont have a copy of that letter but would love to see it. No one I have found really knows who John Fieldings father was but that may be an area to investigate to see if we could trace them together. I keep hoping to find someone with pictures of Fielding and Rachel.
Amy

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 6:43PM GMT
I will send you a copy of the letter as soon as I can scan it in... I will contact you via the email listed earlier in this thread.

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 1:47AM GMT
would love to have a copy of the letter as Fielding was my great great grandfather

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 3:01AM GMT
Email me at acooley6@charter.net and I will happily email you a copy
Amy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions