Search for content in message boards

Volendam 1951

Volendam 1951

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 1:17AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Petronella
My family (mother, father and five children) left Rotterdam on the Volendam May 25, 1951 and arrived in Canada around June 5th. We docked in Quebec and although I went to Halifax -Pier One- to research information, I was unsuccessful. I am looking for a passenger list or confirmation of this arrival date or any other information you may have. My mother is over 90 and memory eludes her.
Waiting to hear from anyone who may have information.

Re: Volendam 1951

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
You have a ship that arrived and no ames........What are your parents names and when were they born ??

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 2:22AM GMT
You have a ship that arrived and no ames........What are your parents names and when were they born ??

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 3:21AM GMT
Their names are Frank and Anne Veldpaus or in dutch Franciscus and Johanna Veldpaus. Frank's birthday was January 16, 1915 and mom's is July 6, 1922.
Thank you for replying.
Were you on this ship?

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 12:08PM GMT
No, I did not come to the US on the Volendam,
Unfortuately oassenger arricval records for the ship into Qyebec are not on line...........The Volendam up till feb 1951 had done the Rotterdam-New York-Rotterdam passenger trip. The history of the ship is available if you want it.. I had only asked for the names of father and mother as I thought youwould be interested in their ancestors in Holland.
To achieve that goal you would need the father and mothers parents. Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic