Search for content in message boards

McKendree Poor Farm - Salt Rock

McKendree Poor Farm - Salt Rock

Posted: 4 Jul 2005 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Bias, Rowsey, Forbush,Steele ( Casteel ), Paul, Taylor, Thomas, Perry, Massie ( Massey ), Pinkerman, Mann, Deacon(s), Estes
Does anyone have info on the McKendree Poor Farm from
the 1900's that was on Tyler Creek, in Salt Rock ?
There was a newspaper article from 1914-1915 or so in Huntington that gave the history. Thank You !

Re: McKendree Poor Farm - Salt Rock

Ed Prichard (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2006 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Albright, Rayburn, Adkins, Elliott, Prichard, Fetty
I have a digitized copy of the Goldenseal Magazine (5 pages) with photos and history of the McKendry Poor Farm. I also have permission to publish theese...e-mail me for the info
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Jun 2006 4:00AM GMT
Ed,

Have you thought about posting this information of the Cabell County site at Rootsweb.com. That way even years from now the info would be available and you would also not have to send the info our over and over again.

If you are interested, contact Candi Freeman at CFreeman99@aol.com she is the site administrator and she can best help you figure out exactly the best and easiest way to post the info you have to the Cabell County site.

Just a thought.

Marilyn Hash Clere (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2006 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Hash, Black, Johnson, Peyton, Moxley and others.
I clicked on the Attachment, and only the first page came up. Does anyone know how I can get the remaining 4?
Thank you,
Marilyn

Ed Prichard (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2006 1:07PM GMT
Barry Huffstutler has all 5 pages on his new website: http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvcccfhr/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions