Search for content in message boards

Sanchez - Metcalf

Sanchez - Metcalf

Posted: 29 Dec 2010 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on my grandmother, Romanita Menchaca Sanchez, who died while giving birth on October 5, 1915 in Metcalf AZ at the age of 28. My grandfather was Juan M. Sanchez.
Attachments:

Re: Sanchez - Metcalf

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 7:16AM GMT
The 1910 census shows, for Romana 23 and Juan Sanchez 28 of Metcalf, that she immigrated from Mexico in 1901, he immigrated in 1902. In 1910 they had been married 5 yr. She had born three children and all were alive: Manuel 4, Miguel 2, Luisa 8 months (the census was taken in April). They lived on the east side of Chase Creek. Juan had not yet become a citizen; in those days, wives and children usually became citizens when their husbands/fathers did, rather than separately.

I hope this helps.

Posted: 28 Apr 2011 6:53PM GMT
Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Luisa was my mother. She died when I was 14 and I never had a chance to learn much about her side of the family. This is very helpful.

Rich Hernandez
Goose Creek, SC

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 6:23AM GMT
I found a marriage record for your grandparents in the book - Arizona Territorial Marriages of Graham County 1881-1912.

page 165 - Juan Sanchez of Metcalf married to Ramona Minchaca of Metcalf July 21, 1905 by Campbell;
(R.A.Campbell Justice of the Peace)
lic. July 21;
rec 9am, Jul 26, 1905
Wit: R.G. Murillo & Mrs R.G. Murillo

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 2:36PM GMT
Thank you so much. I appreciate your diligent research. This is one more piece of my family puzzle.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions