Search for content in message boards

Will of George Witherspoon; 1840

Will of George Witherspoon; 1840

Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: Witherspoon, Hickman, Parmely
Will Book 1, Pages 6 & 7.

I George Witherspoon of the County of Livingston & state of Kentucky Being in but a Moderate State of Bodily health but of sound mind. And knowing the certainty of Death - Do - make this my last will & Testament in the following manner viz. In hopes of a certain Resurrection to future happiness in a world to come through our Lord Jesus Christ. Do - Commit my Body to the grave & my soul to God who gave it. As it concerns my property that I may be in possesion of at my death. I will that it be divided Equally among my heirs with a sure & plentiful portion for my wife during her life. It is here to be understood that my just debts are to be paid out of my Estate. It is my will also that the division be made by - Three disinterested men chosen by the heirs themselves. It is also my will that Sam a Coulerd Boy now in my possesion. Be set free in the year 1847 at the October term of the County court or as soon after as convenient previous to the 1st of January of the next year By his complying with with the law of this state on that subject It is also my will that my wife keep house untill that time If at all convenient should she fail so to do. It is my will that Sam be hired to the hiest bider among my heirs untill the time of his fredom But not to be exposed to sale among strangers It is my will also that H. M. Witherspoon be my Executor to manage the business of my Estate In tesimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal. This 3d day of February 1840
In presents of us
attest W.B. Hickman
Matthew Parmely

Geo. Witherspoon. (Seal)

Commonwealth of Kentucky
Crittenden County Court May term 1844 sct.
I Harvey W Bigham Clerk of the County Court for the county aforesaid do, certify that on this day the foregoing Last Will and Testament of Geo. Witherspoon Deceased was produced in open court and proven by the oaths of W. B. Hickman and Matthew Parmely subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded Whereupon the said Last will and Testament hath together with the foregoing certificate been duly admitted to record in my office. Given under my hand this 13th day of May 1844.
H.W. Bigham
By Robt. L. Bigham D.c.

WILLIAM B. HICKMAN

Patricia J. Miller (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: HICKMAN, WITHERSPOON
William B. Hickman was my great,great Grandfather; William married ELIZA ANN WITHERSPOON in 1830. One of their daughters, Mina Ellen Hickman Berry was my great Grandmother. Her daughter, Nellie Florence Berry married Wilburn Joyce in Hillsboro, Illinois. They had two daughters, Helen Joyce and Pauline Joyce. Helen married Leslie Parker in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Helen and Leslie are my parents. Leslie died in 1992; Helen Joyce Parker is 94, living in a retirement home in Lancaster, CA

Re: WILLIAM B. HICKMAN

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hickman
Hi! My grandmother's name was Chlorus Melissa Hickman, her father was Elbert McLean Hickman, his father was Walker F. Hickman and his father's name was William B. Hickman. Do you happen to know the birth date of William B. Hickman and who his parents were? I have been trying to get information on him for over a year now. Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Loretta Massie-Eaton email: lsmassie55@live.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions