Search for content in message boards

McLemores in Ouachita Parish

McLemores in Ouachita Parish

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLemore, Ham
I am interested in learning more about the family of Amos G. McLemore (1854 - 1927). His second wife was Rosa Etta Ham (c1874-1930s). They moved from Union Parish to Monroe in the 1920s, and Amos was buried in the Riverview Cemetery.

Thanks,

Tim Hudson

Re: McLemores in Ouachita Parish

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 2:22AM GMT
My card on Amos G. McLemore shows he was born 24 November 1856, Clarke Co, MS, died September 27, 1927, Monroe Parish, LA, Riverview Park.
Married Lillie Loper 21/22 July 1885 and had two sons by her: Carl 1888, Guy 1891; Lillie died c. 1900; Md. Rosa Etta Ham 28 Dec 1901, bearing Johnn Hubbard, Cecil Eugene (1906-1931) and Clara Irene (1904-1906); also data from 1900, 1910, 1920 Census, Union Parish, LA; and 1930 Ouachita Parish, LA, but am sure you have this data. Let me know if you need any of the census info. Bill McLemore, McLemore Archives.

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 2:41AM GMT
Dear Bill,

I'm thrilled at this information. I did not have dates of death on all of Rosa Etta Ham McLemore's children, so this is a big help. Thanks very much.

Tim

PS Do you happen to know Amos G. McLemore's parents?

Posted: 9 Apr 2006 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: McLemore
Parents of Amos McLemore. I am not sure of his parents, but the 1870 census, Union Parish, LA,
shows: John 40, Susannah 40, Augustus 16,
Amos 14, Elizabeth 12, William D. 10, All children
born MS. John, b. c. 1830, could be the father of
Amos.

Posted: 26 Dec 2006 3:51PM GMT
john mclemore is amos g mclemore father.he is buried in sadie-union cemetary in union parish louisiana.john is buried in an unmarked grave along with his father and mother.the cemetary is locatedon old union cemetary road off of hwy 33 north.more info at www.roots web.com then to lagenweb union parish cenetary

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: McLemore, Ligeti
Well, this is out of the blue but I am researching my family history, which is largely, New York-based Jewish. Seems my Uncle Irving Ligeti, now age 92, was serving in the Army in Louisiana in WWII and he met a young girl, then about 18, named Gloria Faye McLemore. My Aunt Gloria, now 89 and still sharp as a tack, was perhaps the last of many children born to a man named McLemore. She never knew him. He died when she was about three, which would match up with Amos G. McLemore. Her mother, named Gossye, would have been younger, about 29 at the time of McLemore's death in '27. I think Gloria had older siblings named McLemore who were also by this union. By the 1930 census, Gossye had remarried to a man named George Kinyard. Gloria married my mother's older brother and moved to New York with him at the end of the war. They have two children, two grandchildren and one great grandchild. It has been a remarkable marriage. Does any of this match up.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions