Search for content in message boards

Garrison family of Clinton Co. OH

Garrison family of Clinton Co. OH

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
I am looking for any info on Jeremiah Garrison. He married Rachel Ruble. They had a son named James Henry Garrison born Sept 7,1854 in Clinton Co. Oh. James Henry married Rachel E. Grice in Knox Co. Illinois on Dec. 22, 1881.
I am looking for any info about Jeremiah's parents, siblings etc.
Thanks,
Mary Anne Fontaine

Re: Garrison family of Clinton Co. OH

Shiela Clouser (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2002 12:55AM GMT
Im not sure if this will help any, but my mother's maiden name is Garrison and we found much of our geneology information in Frankfort and Paris Kentucky. ( Bourbon Cunty) She was from a huge family, so I thought I would pass it along

camay (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: Camp, Brannon, Garrison, Alexander
I think you may want to visit this website.....I found it very helpful. http://home.earthlink.net/~lkok/

I am a Garrison/Camp descendant. My great, great grandmother was Susannah Garrison (married Camp/married Brannon). From what I have read from several serious researchers, the Garrisons and the Camps go back a long ways side by side......they were sucessful farming families....and together they moved ever westward in search of land for their descendants to farm. Many of them intemarried and as they moved westward at each step of the way, some of them stayed behind, having found their "home".

Clinton county is still rich in Garrison and Camps descendents. Plug Garrison in the LDS search engine, too. If I am not mistaken, more infor can be found at the Dixon Smith websites. I don't have my research handy at this moment, or I'd look it up for you myself.

R Brannon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2003 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Brannon, Garrison, Mick
I noticed this post and am interested in finding out infomation on Brannon & Garrison. Anything you might have would be of great use in my search for my husband's ancestors.

Posted: 30 Sep 2004 4:18AM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 11:38PM GMT
I have not followed the Brannons closely, because my direct ancestor was a child of Susannah Garrion Camp, before she married Alexander Brannon. However, my g'grandfather had three half sibs from his mother's second marriage. She died circa 1902 and is buried in Sugar Creek Cemetery in Wilmington. If you still check this board, just answer this post or start a new post on Brannon/Camp and I'll catch it and see what I can dig up for you.

Vickie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2006 1:34AM GMT
my 2 Great GRANDFATHER MARRIED sARAH Brannon he was Thomas Collins

Posted: 8 Oct 2006 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: garrison, smith, charlton, whitehead, hardy, hudson, sawyer
i am also a GARRISON descendant. SUSANNAH GARRISON, daughter of PARSONS GARRISON, was married to SAMUEL SMITH in clinton county, ohio in june of 1840 and had my gr grandmother, NANCY ANN SMITH. she married a CHARLES WILLIAM CHARLTON some time in 1867 or 68 in warren county, ohio. they had a large family and one of the children was my grandfather WILLIAM ALONZO CHARLTON, born in june of 1872 in blanchester, ohio. one of his brother's, JOHN, had a portrait of NANCY hanging in the living room of the home that he shared with his wife, ANNA ELTZROTH CHARLTON in lebanon, ohio (i can remember seeing this portrait in the home as a small child.) she was BEAUTIFULL with long dark hair wearing a fancy dress ( i do not know what happened to this portrait, i think that it went with their daughter, LOUISA, after their deaths.) let me know if ANY of this sounds good to you.

nancy (named for gr grandmother)

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Ruble, Garrison, Tullis, Wagoner, Bruington
I don't know if this is too late to help but my GG grandparents are Rachel (Ruble) and Jeremiah Garrison. Based on the Civil War Pension Index, I believe that Jeremiah left the family, went west to Nebraska, and started another family using another first name. My G grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Garrison b. 4 Feb 1850 d. 31 Dec 1917 in Abingdon, Knox, Illinois. She first married James Smith, and as a widow, remarried David Tullis. I am still trying to locate Rachel and Jeremiah's parents. I do have additional information (other brothers and sisters) if you contact me i will be glad to share what I have. Would love to hear from anyone with ties to my family/s.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic