Search for content in message boards

Dunham Family Lincolnshire / East Riding

Dunham Family Lincolnshire / East Riding

Paul Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 4:34PM GMT
Would appreciate any information on Dunham
families 1700 to date in Hull / ERY / Lincs.

Especially interested in families from Broughton / Glanford Brigg.

Paul
PAULDUNHAM9@AOL.COM

Dunham Connections

LOUISE DUNHAM (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 3:28AM GMT
Hi Paul
John Thomas Dunham son of Ann Dunham born 1819
Lincoln City transported 1838 and died 1846.Son Reuben Dunham left behind with first wife in Lincolnshire.Any relation.
Cheers
Louise

John Dunham Family

Paul Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 5:07PM GMT
Thanks Louise
This is new information unless I'm much mistaken. Only Reuben I have listed was Christened 13 Feb 1837 @ Waltham, the son of
John Dunham and Mary Fulford. They were married 21 July 1836 @ Waltham. Hope I have this correct and matches your details.
Although they are not members of my "family"
I'm sure they'll link up sometime in the future.

Thanks again.

Paul

Reuben Dunham

Louise Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 6:13PM GMT
Yes,thank you Paul.
Reuben was a half bother to my great grandfather.I know he was born but would love to know what happened to him and his mother after John Thomas Dunham was transported .
Any info?
Thanks
Louise Dunham

Reuben Dunham

Louise Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 6:13PM GMT
Yes,thank you Paul.
Reuben was a half bother to my great grandfather.I know he was born but would love to know what happened to him and his mother after John Thomas Dunham was transported .
Any info?
Thanks
Louise Dunham

Reuben Mary

Paul Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 3:57PM GMT
Hi Louise.
Sorry but I've no further information at present. My "best guess" is that they both moved to Grimsby but I've no hard facts to back this. If I find more I'll mail you.

Do you have any detail on Johns father or where the family originated from? It may just provide a common link.

Why was John Thomas transported and where to?

Best regards,

Paul.

John Reuben

Paul Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 4:31AM GMT
Please advise further information on John.
I have received mail giving his date of birth as 1821 and date of death 1877. Also have details of Reuben living in Hertfordshire via Derbyshire but am unsure of how correct this is.

Hope to hear from you soon

Paul

I'm an african-american dunham

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 7:20PM GMT
I don't know much about my family, but I'm a dunham. i think our family comes from virginia and philadelphia. there are a lot of richards and lonnie dunhams in the last few generations. Don't know much else.

JOHN DUNHAM

LOUISE DUNHAM (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 10:39PM GMT
Thanks Paul,
John's mother was ann true and therefore it would suggets his father was Dunham .As you know variously spelt Dynham or even Dinham .
He Stole a horse and then went to apub and boasted about his great horse and that he was taking it to Horncastle fair to sell it .He was foreced to run for it when someone recognised the squires horse and when he was sentenced to lif eimprisonment in Tasmania he laughed up roariously and impudently according to the newspaper article.Whatever he was taught to read and write on the Elphinstone and married again in 1859 a Norfolk girl called Ann Cox who came free and gave him 1o sons and i daughter .Anne married agin when he died and had three more children and sent 19 of her grandsons to the first world war .
David Boon the australian cricketer if you follow cricket is also descended from this line and his mother told me there is adunham street or lane in Lincoln City .
cheers
Louise Dunham
cheers
Louise

RE: Dunham family in the U.S.

Paul Dunham (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 2:44AM GMT
Hi Kay and many thanks for your mail.
Regret I've little information on Dunhams
in the U.S. but most seem to stem from New England. I'll keep you in mind if I find anything of interest.

Regards,
Paul in "Old England"
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions