Search for content in message boards

Jonathan, Harvey, Andrew Jackson SEXTON

Jonathan, Harvey, Andrew Jackson SEXTON

Phillip Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 8:29PM GMT
I am looking for any info on the above names.
Andrew Jackson Sexton, B. 1852, Grayson Co., VA. Married Manerva Dye, 11/20/1879, Lewis Co., KY. Andrew's parents names were Harvey Cassandra B. Renfro, I have no sure dates of birth or death for either of them. Harvey born 1824 VA (?) Cassandra born VA, I believe. Harveys fathers name was Jonathan, B 1794. I have more infor on all the above but have become stuck with Jonathan and thats where it end for me. Thanks, Phil Sexton

Jonathan Sexton

Willis Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:55PM GMT
The Lost Children of Wythe County by Mary B Kegley contains info on school children. Harvey listed as 10 in 1842, Calvin as 10 and William as 8 in 1843, all listed as children of Jonathan Sexton.
I was told once that Jonathan stated on a marriage license that his parents were John and Delanas and that he was born in Grayson Co in 1792. This is borne out by Grayson Co Personal Property Tax Lists which I have just been working on.
A John Sexton sometimes even marked Dilly by the tax collector shows up frequently who is definitely not Mary Ann's husband and not Benjamin's John. In 1797 he was marked (SC) [maybe son of Charles?].
1809 John Sexson dilly 2 tithes
1810 John Sexton 1
Benjamin Sexton 1
1811 John Sexton Dilly 3
Benjamin Sexton Dilly 1
1812 John Sexton 1
Charles Sexton 1
Jonathan Sexton 1
1813 John Sexton 1
Benjamin Sexton Dilly Ben 1
Jonathan Sexton 1
1814 John Sexton 3
Jonathan 1
1815 Jonathan Sexton 1
Charles Sexton 1
Thomas Sexton 1
James Sexton 1
I have for this list only extracted the names of those I believe to belong to that family. John was not found after 1814 and Dilly appears on 1820 tax list. John, Jonathan, Benjamin and James seen on Russell Co Tax Lists also where Charles Sr and his known sons moved in 1802.
Good Hunting, Willis

lee sexton

stanley keeler (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 7:39PM GMT
i am looking for information on Alton or Allenton Lee Sexton,died 1941 son of Willis Sexton Ky. Lee Sexton lived in Clarksville Tn. in the 20's and 30's children Ordie, Odie, Earl, and a daughter don't know her name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic