Search for content in message boards

O'Hare/Hehier/O'Heir etc. Killaloe, Co. Kerry

O'Hare/Hehier/O'Heir etc. Killaloe, Co. Kerry

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hare, Hehir, Hehier, Hair, O'Heir, McMahon, McLernon, Kinseller, Farrell, Ellis
Hello,
We're seeking information about any relatives of the following family -

Timothy O'Hare m. Ann McMahon before 1832

Children known:
- Bridget (Hehier) born Killaloe, Clare Castle, County Clare, Ireland 1832 m. Thomas Farrell
- Susan Josephine (O'Hare) born Killow, Clare Abbey, Clare Castle, Co. Clare, Ireland 15 Oct 1833 m. Owen Ellis
- John (O'Heir) born 1836 m. Sarah McLernon
- Thomas and Michael (Twins) born 1839
- Anna Maria (Hair) born about 1845 Killaloe, Clare Castle, County Clare, Ireland m. John Kinseller

Thanks

Re: O'Hare/Hehier/O'Heir etc. Killaloe, Co. Kerry

Posted: 7 Feb 2003 7:15PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 5:54PM GMT
I am also researching Hehir.My grandfather, John Hehir was born in Clare in 1865, I believe his father was named Thomas.
I have no info before this date.
Regards,
Joan Floegel

Re: O'Hare/Hehier/O'Heir etc. Killaloe, Co.Clare

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hehir
According to my family's notes there was also a Thomas born in 1844 in Clare Abbey, County Clare, Ireland (whom I forgot to mention)
There might have been twins Michael and Thomas (1839) - it's possible that this Thomas died and the next child was named after him.

Thomas (1844) apparently spelt his name HEHIR - like your ancestor.
Within the family the spelling varied e.g. O'Hare, O'Hehier, O'Heir, Hare, Hair etc.

It is believed that Thomas went to America.
Hope we can be of some help to each other.

Just a note - the subject header for my previous message should have read Killaloe, County Clare

Posted: 15 Feb 2003 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 5:54PM GMT
I just happened on this page again today and noted your reply to my 2/7 post, I had assumed the Ancestry Board would have sent a copy directly to the poster's e-mail box, I guess not.

I am almost 100% sure my grandfather's (John Hehir) dad, Thomas never came to the US. His mother was Anne Casey from Ruan, he was born in Gortmore, Ennis, Clare in 1865. he emigrated in the mid 1880s, settling in Rochester, NY. Many years ago when I was not into researching my roots I do recall hearing that other Hehir cousins emigrated about the same time my grandparents did. These cousins then changed the spelling from Hehir to O'Hare and settled in Long Island. To the best of my knowledge there are no descendants living today from this branch. Other Hehir cousins settled in Meridian CT. I have reason to believe there are descendants from this branch alive someplace today but I have no idea where.
Regards,
Joan F.

Lydia McAdam (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2003 12:22AM GMT
We are searching for relatives of Ellen O'Heir, Hehir, O'Hehir who moved to Australia and married John McAdam, I believe her mother was Mary McMahon. any information would be a help.

Posted: 28 Feb 2003 9:47PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2006 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hare, Hehier, O'Heir
Hi Lydia...

I do not believe there is any relationship between the O'Hare/
Hehier/O'Heir possible names you are researching w/ my Hehir ancestors. As you probably know the different Hehir
spellings are most common in Clare. To the very best of my knowledge no one from our branch ever emigrated to Australia.
Regards,
Joan Floegel

carole armour (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2003 4:52PM GMT
I could be wrong but I know this family and I believe they were from Killow (a townland of Clare Abbey parish) and not Killaloe which is a much bigger place and a parish in its own right. I have visited the area and did establish where the ruins of the Killow church were. Hope it helps.

carole armour (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2003 4:54PM GMT
Also both Killaloe and Killow are in co Clare.

Re: O'Hare/Hehier/O'Heir etc.

A O'Brien (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2003 4:19AM GMT
yes, it should have read Killow, County Clare.
I went back through my hard copy information and Killaloe was written (but with a question mark) as well as Killow.
County Kerry was just written by accident ( I've got some ancestors from there too)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions